The best office apps for Android

• 21 December 2014
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 7
By JR Raphael, InfoWorld

Getting serious about mobile productivity

We live in an increasingly mobile world -- and while many of us spend our days working on traditional desktops or laptops, we also frequently find ourselves on the road and relying on tablets or smartphones to stay connected and get work done.
Where do you turn when it's time for serious productivity on an Android device? The Google Play Store boasts several popular office suite options; at a glance, they all look fairly comparable. But don't be fooled: All Android office apps are notcreated equal.
I spent some time testing the five most noteworthy Android office suites to see where they shine and where they fall short. I looked at how each app handles word processing, spreadsheet editing, and presentation editing -- both in terms of the features each app offers and regarding user interface and experience. I took both tablet and smartphone performance into consideration.
Click through for a detailed analysis; by the time you're done, you'll have a crystal-clear idea of which Android office suite is right for you

slide show

0 replies

Be the first to reply!