The Latest Version Of Maxthon Cloud Browser is Now Available

Userlevel 7
JUL 8, 2014 SCOTT LEE

Maxthon Cloud Browser is a very powerful tabbed browser that has a highly customizable user interface. The software is based upon Internet Explorer’s browser engine. Maxthon Cloud Browser is very similar to IE but includes many additional features, which allows you to enjoy a more efficient browsing experience. Key Features of Maxthon Cloud Browser: Easy to use interface with a simple setup. Maxthon Cloud Browser is highly customizable; you can swap, add, move, remove, and change the browser’s tool bars, icons, menus, colours, skins, and layout until it looks and operates the way you want it to. Over 1,400 plug-ins are currently available. Remote conferencing and screen capture facility. Ad Hunter blocks harmful ads and images.

Read about Maxthon Cloud Browser

6 replies

Userlevel 7
I think that it is worth mentioning, at this juncture, that this browser is not supported by Webroot re. WSA addons.  

And unlike some of the other derivative browsers where once can manipulate the WSA extensions to get them installed...there is NO work around in the case of this browser.

Having said that, if one can do without the Threat Shield and the Password Manager then it is a fine browser.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
I use Aviator myself and have installed the WSA password manager and Web shield. Thanks for the info on the Maxthon.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I think that it is worth mentioning, at this juncture, that this browser is not supported by Webroot re. WSA addons.  

And unlike some of the other derivative browsers where once can manipulate the WSA extensions to get them installed...there is NO work around in the case of this browser.

Having said that, if one can do without the Threat Shield and the Password Manager then it is a fine browser.

Baldrick
Good point Baldrick.  I will admit, while it is a fine browser, it seems to have the larget footprint in terms of memory and disk space [ details to follow ]
Userlevel 7
It's supposed to be based on IExplore's engine, the kinks are still being ironed out. 

Chrome wasnt supported by WSA either 2 years ago. Should this browser prove to be that much better of a browser, there may be a demand for support for it.

It is cloud powered, and it is the next generation. LastPass can be added to Maxthon, Webroot Password Manager is powered by LastPass. You can manually add Maxthon to protected programs. That said, getting support by Webroot for this browser is not impossible. Someone is going to provide that protection, Webroot most capable of doing so.

More details about Maxthon Cloud Browser 

Take the Maxthlon Tour

@ wrote:
@ wrote:

Baldrick
Good point Baldrick.  I will admit, while it is a fine browser, it seems to have the larget footprint in terms of memory and disk space [ details to follow ]
Userlevel 7
Actually, Beth, it is not powered by the Cloud but provides close integration for Cloud backups, if they are something that one wants.  To use the Cloud features, which I do not, you need an account or My Passport.  Registering gives users access to the Cloud syncing services.

Since the release of v3, Maxthon supports both the Trident & Webkit rendering engines uses its own C4 engine that is based on its original MyIE engine, which is proprietary software.

When last discussed there were no plans to include Maxthomn in the group of WSA supported browsers, and that was due to it very  low market share.   As far as I can see that share has not really changed and therefore I suspect that Webroot's policy on support will not have changed...should it storm the charts then I am sure that position will be reviewed.

Webroot will not support the browser, as a user of it for a long time I have asked and been politely told that it is not.  Having said that the only thing that one does not get if one uses Maxthon is the Password Manager and the Web Filtering addon, i.e.e, the little reputation check marks.  But using Maxthon on a machine that is protected by WSA you are almost as well protected as when using Google, Chrome, IE, etc., by the main WSA modules.

Having said all of that I use Maxthon as one of the many browsers I have on my machine and I do like its functionality...In my experience it is fast and not that heavy on the system.

Would recommend that if you are then you try it out...there is a fully fucntional portable version too so one can try it without fear of it installing or leaving rubbish on your system.

Hope that helps those that are interested by this discussion.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
@ 
Thank you Sir Baldrick for that info! I may give the portable version  a "test drive". Nice to know that you did first, LOL!  Good to know that you use it.

What interestst me the most about Maxthon t is the speed and being easy on the resources. Those cloud features look good, but not something that I need nor want to use now so I'm OK withnot being able to. I also don't use My Passport.

I didn't mean to write "powered" by the cloud,  I meant to write and thought I wrote, "cloud powered"  as they describe it here. Sorry about that, My proof reading skills are not great, in that area I need as much help as I can get,  I am dyslexic and I don't catch everthing I should. Thank you for pointing that out, I will correct it.