Virus

• 24 January 2015
  • 3 replies

My computer is acting up and I was wondering if there is a good, reliable on line way to claen it up.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi JRT

Welcome to the Community Forums.

First question is how do you know that you have a virus?  What are the signs that make you think this?  Secondly, do you have WSA installed?

Webroot offers these virus removal options...which you may like to consider, if a WSA user.

Regards, Baldrick

Thank you for the reply. Suddenly the following started happening:
1) I need to let my computer warm up or everything happens in slow motion. Then I have to restart it.
2) Secondly, when I am typing, all of a sudden nothing appears and I have to reset by clicking my mouse. This happens often.
3) "Internet Explorer Has Stopped Working" keeps popping up
Userlevel 7
Hi JRT

Well, there are any number of reasons as to why you may be getting the 'Internet Explorer has stopper working' message, but often it can mean that a 3rd party .dll file has been installed (did this start happening just after you installed a new particular application, by any chance?).  Also by the same token IE can get overloaded by the addition, both overt and covert, of unwanted toolbars, BHO’s, addon’s, extensions, etc., that are a 'signature' for the presence of PUAs or Potentially Unwanted Applications.

I am guessing that it has something to do with one of the above.

In terms of unwanted programs/3rd party applications that are installed without your knowledge I would run through the Add/Remove Programs feature in Windows and check to see if there is anything recorded there that you are not aware of having installed/you do not want...and uninstall it.  The check through the addons/extension in IE for the same thing...here you can disable any that you do not believe that you installed or do not want to use.

After trying that reboot and then see if that has helped any.  Finally, you could try Googling "Internet explorer has sopped working", and you will find some good advice from Microsoft and other reputable sites that may help.

Regards, Baldrick.