Vivaldi, a New Browser Launched by Former Opera CEO

• 30 January 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
The powerful browser -“Vivaldi”, joins the browser wars
Browser wars just got that bit more bit interesting with the release of a latest browser, Project Spartan, by Microsoft last week.  Joining the party is Vivaldi browser from an ex-CEO of Opera.

This new browser is available for Windows, Mac and Linux and although it is still in its infancy, as it offers a number of features, which Opera lovers will remember. The application allows for mouse gestures for browsing and the ever familiar “speed dial” interface, which shows your favourite tabs on the new tab page.

The browser has some new tools too, like multiple tabs. Tabs can now be combined into one to allow for simple browsing of associated sites. For example, if you were looking into your family tree online, you can group all the tabs on that topic into a single saved space.

Full Article

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks, Petr

Personally I won't be jumping ship to Vivaldi for a while atleast as I have Aviator as my very secure browser, and then a number of others for more general browsing needs...but will be interesting to tsee where this one goes.

Redgards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
@ wrote:
Thanks, Petr

Personally I won't be jumping ship to Vivaldi for a while atleast as I have Aviator as my very secure browser, and then a number of others for more general browsing needs...but will be interesting to tsee where this one goes.

Redgards, Baldrick
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Security-Industry-News/Google-Engineers-Critical-of-Aviator-Browser-Security/m-p/181194#M11648
😃
Userlevel 7
Thank, Petr

But personally I would not trust or even trust a Google engineer further than I could throw him/her...to coin an old adage.

That group are quite happy to find and publicise issue & bugs in WIndows but flatly refuse to sort out their own in good time.  In my opinion they are just annoyed at the fact that Aviator is cramping their style, removing some of the insidious analytical rubbish they have included in Chrome (and which forces us to meploy addon after addon to stop it reporting back home) and making a Chrome derivative that in my opinion is better than the original.

Well, rant over...just my view on the matter.

Regards, Baldrick