Wearable technology creates new privacy issues for employers

• 24 June 2014
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +54
Well what do they expect, privacy will be eroded, trust lost and there is only one solution and that is banning them in the workplace.

Bill Goodwin Tuesday 24 June 2014

"Wearable technology is creating new privacy headaches for employers, a leading law firm has warned.
Technologies such as Google Glass and smart watches are gradually making their way into the workplace.
But the intrusive nature of these devices, which could be used by employees to take clandestine photographs or videos, are ringing alarm bells among some employers, says lawyer Sue McLean at Morrison and Foerster.  "

Full Article.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
For any business or workplace that conforms to "PCI Compliant", any and all wearable tech is a huge security problem and already is considered to be banned.
Userlevel 7
David hit it right on the nail...................."PCI Compliant",............... the company that I workd for had a dress code so............it would be easy for a company to impliment a dress code adding wearable glasses( that are high tech)   and wrist watches.... as well.................
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Well I want one if these wrist smart watches! But I do understand the problems these devices would cause in the work place! ;)

Thanks for the techie report! I'm crazy for Gadjets I must admit! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Pretty soon the wearable tech is going to be so small that it will be undetectable from a visual standpoint.  They'll have to develop special scanners to detect them.