When I download Windows 10 I cannot access the internet. Why is this happening? Thoughts anyone?

• 11 July 2016
  • 2 replies

When I download Windows 10 I cannot access the internet. Why is this happening? Thoughts anyone?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi flacarn

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There generally can be a number of reason for a lack of connectivity, that are not specific to Windows, but in the case of the new OS there have beens some specific issues. To see if you can resolve these yourself please see this Article from the Microsoft Support Forums.

More specifically, you can also use the built-in Windows Network Troubleshooter to see what is causing the problem and to try fix it automatically. To start the Windows Network Troubleshooter, type 'Network Troubleshooter' in the search box to the right of the Start Button. Then click on 'Identify and Repair Network Connections' from the list that appears.

That should start Windows Network Troubleshooter, and the built in wizard will lead you through steps to troubleshoot the connection problem.

Hopefully this will help but if not then please post back and we shall see what additionally we can suggest.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Do you have a Cisco VPN installed? There's an instance where it can block internet after upgrading to 10. The only fix is to restore the old Windows version, remove the VPN software, then re-upgrade to 10.