Solved

browser malware

• 25 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Dear Team, have you seen something like that before? Is it some kind of malware in my browser? I scanned the computer using different scans and I could not find anything. I unistalled the browser and the icons look normal. Is it something to worry about? 

Normal look:

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 26 January 2024, 00:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Ania 

What Browser do you have to me it looks like Google Chrome? I would suggest you contact Webroot Support and let them have a look. Because I don’t see any odd and you uninstalled the Browser and reinstalled it.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Subscription Software from Best Buy:

BestBuy-GeekSquad logo

Chat with a Geek Squad Agent

Call 1-888-BEST-BUY or (1-888-237-8289)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@Ania I see that you use the Business Endpoint version so you need to contact Business Support!

All business protection products

Open a support ticket

Tel: 1-866-254-8400 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

At the bottom of this page there are Phone numbers around the world: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us#heading-business

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

It’s Chrome. I mean, isn’t strange that those icons somehow change? out of a sudden? I don’t know if you know what I mean 😅 For example, virus total has different icon, not youtube icon. Anyways, thanks for the answer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

It’s Chrome. I mean, isn’t strange that those icons somehow change? out of a sudden? I don’t know if you know what I mean 😅 For example, virus total has different icon, not youtube icon. Anyways, thanks for the answer!

That’s nothing to worry about your Browser’s Bookmark Toolbar and yes some Icons can change.

Thanks!