Solved

Webroot is deactivated

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I have a Mac which has Webroot installed a while back. Now suddenly it seems not to be activated. When I copied keycode manually to Webroot, nothing happens, it's just coming back to the same screen, informing:
subscription information not available.

Machine information:
- Mac OS Catalina
- Webroot 9.1.0.144

I tried to install the latest version, but the installation is not completed, I guess because Catalina is not supported by the newest version. The program is not activated, so cannot upgrade Webroot on this computer to a newer version.

Any idea to fix this?

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 28 March 2024, 20:49

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @hungpham 

Have a look here to see if it’s the same issue?

Also please contact Webroot Business Support! https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

No, it seems to be different. In that issue, their installation is still activated (with all green icons). Mine is deactivated without keycode and subscription info. That’s why I tried to enter the keycode manually, but nothing changes.

Created a ticket, hopefully I can get some info.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@hungpham Thanks for the update and please let us know how it goes with support.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Support refused to provide any helpful solution. They asked me to uninstall current agent, and reinstall. However, they didn’t provide agent version which is compatible with Catalina. The newest agent version cannot install on Catalina, as mentioned. But again, they just answered that they don’t support for Catalina. End of story.

So before contacting support, I had a computer, still protected with old database. After contacting support, no protection at all, and I will need to tell the customer either to switch to another program, or to upgrade the OS, which is not convincing because this customer also has another Mac (with High Sierra, an older OS) with Webroot working fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yea I see and in the Beta Group we are testing the last version for Windows 7 and Server 2008R2.

From the bottom of this page: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/affiliates/60pbtrejtjkt

16.   Desktop Operating System Requirements. For Webroot AntiVirus, Webroot AntiVirus for Gamers, Webroot Internet Security and Webroot Business Endpoint Protection:

A.   New device operating system releases – Webroot will typically support a new release of the operating system in the current product release and/or the next product release approximately three (3) months after the General Availability of the new OS release. Previous product releases may not be enhanced to support the newly released OS.

B.   Device operating system end of support – Webroot will support Windows and Mac operating systems according to the criteria below. If you use an unsupported operating system, you may still be protected by Webroot, but you will not receive Webroot feature updates and the risk of malware infection will increase.

• Windows – current and previous two versions
  • macOS* – current and previous two versions

Again from the bottom of this page: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/legal#sys-reqs

Yea I see and in the Beta Group we are testing the last version for Windows 7 and Server 2008R2.

Interesting. Point taken regarding older Mac OSs, but regarding Windows OSs I have an ancient and venerable XP machine that I still use from time to time, and my Webroot Beta seems to be working fine on it, albeit with an older software version v9.0.27.49 (consumer release date: 4 Nov 2019) so it doesn’ t have, for example, the latest shields that the more recent versions have.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Interesting. Point taken regarding older Mac OSs, but regarding Windows OSs I have an ancient and venerable XP machine that I still use from time to time, and my Webroot Beta seems to be working fine on it, albeit with an older software version v9.0.27.49 (consumer release date: 4 Nov 2019) so it doesn’ t have, for example, the latest shields that the more recent versions have.

Yes I have the link for the last installer for XP and Vista but no one has asked for it. MacOS I don't know but only what Webroot posts to.

Yes I have the link for the last installer for XP and Vista but no one has asked for it. MacOS I don't know but only what Webroot posts to.

Oh right! So if I understand correctly, if I try reinstalling Webroot on my XP it will refuse?!?! That is, but for a champ like yourself who has kept an old XP installer. Wow!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Oh right! So if I understand correctly, if I try reinstalling Webroot on my XP it will refuse?!?! That is, but for a champ like yourself who has kept an old XP installer. Wow!

The link to download that I got from Brad years ago. And I assume the same with the last version for Win 7 and Server 2008R2 if I ask for it.

Great! I know who to go to if I need to reinstall Webroot on my XP and have problems. Also if I need to reinstall on my Win 7 in, say, a couple of years’ time. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Great! I know who to go to if I need to reinstall Webroot on my XP and have problems. Also if I need to reinstall on my Win 7 in, say, a couple of years’ time. Thanks!

I was posting from my phone so I’m on my PC here is the link so save it but I have it and it still works! I thought it said Vista but I’m sure if someone needed it Brad or some other Webroot Staff member would get it and I assume Webroot Support.

XP and Server 2003 only!

We have produced final builds for XP and Server 2003 systems. They are here:

Consumer: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsafnl.exe

Business: http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsasmefnl.exe

Both are at version 9.0.27.49

Thanks! I thought you were saying that you had downloaded the XP installer as an .exe. file onto your hard disk that you could send anyone who needs it. But this (a still active link on Webroot’s website to the XP installer) is even better! I’ve now bookmarked it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks! I thought you were saying that you had downloaded the XP installer as an .exe. file onto your hard disk that you could send anyone who needs it. But this (a still active link on Webroot’s website to the XP installer) is even better! I’ve now bookmarked it.

I said Link twice!