What’s New at Carbonite + Webroot: October 2023

• 29 September 2023
  • 13 replies
What’s New at Carbonite + Webroot: October 2023
Userlevel 7
Badge +25
  • Sr. Security Analyst & Community Manager
  • 1117 replies

We are excited to announce the rollout of Carbonite Endpoint Backup 10.12. In this latest release of Carbonite Endpoint Backup we are introducing:

• SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) User Provisioning  
  • Updated Full Disk Access instructions on macOS Ventura 
  • New message to users if they log into the Dashboard using Internet Explorer 11 or below 
  • Please note that on-premises vault upgrade behavior change:  upgrading from v10.11 to v10.12 will need a reboot; this will not impact the devices since they are not connected with the vault during upgrade.

SCIM provisioning adds new differentiation for Endpoint Backup. This powerful new functionality simplifies user management and enhances security by automatically provisioning users, updating users, granting admin permissions, and disabling/deleting users in Carbonite Endpoint Backup. For more details about the new features/enhancements, please refer to the release notes at support.carbonite.com.

We are very pleased to announce the release of the Webroot Mobile Security V7.3 Android App in the Playstore.

The updated app is available in the Playstore​​

New Features

• What’s new – We have fixed the random logout issue of the WMS Android app and made it more stable.
  • 3PPT- Fixed the high and medium security vulnerabilities issues from 3rd party penetration test report.

Business Endpoint Core components version 1.6.0.38.

This version provides:

• Support for a future Anti-Ransomware module.
  • Core services can use the Windows OS feature to start as protected processes.
  • Fix for a BSOD reported in the field.
  • Add support to upload crash dumps for analysis.
  • Harden compatibility with the DNS agent.

WSA Mac Consumer and Business Endpoint Agents version 9.5.10

Key items in this release:

• Scan engine improvements and security hardening
  • Introduced a minimum requirement of macOS version 11 (Big Sur)
  • Customers on 10.15 (Catalina) and older will not upgrade past version 9.5.8 (9.5.9 was not released publicly)
  • Support is aware and has links for MSPs if they need older installer
  • UX hardening and fixes including many introduced in the upcoming macOS Sonoma release
  • Can now cancel scan in progress

13 replies

Userlevel 7

Thanks for the information Tyler. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +54

Thank you Tyler.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks Tyler I can say I like the new versions of the Webroot Android Security App! 🕶 And nice to see a new update for Mac users.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for the updated information.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great stuff. Cheers @TylerM 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks Tyler I can say I like the new versions of the Webroot Android Security App! 🕶 And nice to see a new update for Mac users.

Yes all very welcome 🤗

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Thanks for the update. I would hope that the links for the older installer are in the console AND properly labeled. Having to contact support to get an installer is NOT a good idea. 

John H

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for the information Tyler, as an android user good to hear about release of updates regarding app on playstore

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks for the update! Good to see Webroot continuing to improve their products!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

• Customers on 10.15 (Catalina) and older will not upgrade past version 9.5.8 (9.5.9 was not released publicly)
  • UX hardening and fixes including many introduced in the upcoming macOS Sonoma release

Thanks for the update Tyler. Especially interested in the item copied above. On the Mac, scans can often get “hungry” and slow things down. I’m hoping the multiple  scan issue is also resolved, but even so, if I can cancel them more easily, this is great. 

On older versions, I hope some support will remain as I have clients who have older Macs and don’t want to update. It’s a larger number than you would expect. 

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

We are excited to announce the rollout of Carbonite Endpoint Backup 10.12. In this latest release of Carbonite Endpoint Backup we are introducing:

• SCIM (System for Cross-domain Identity Management) User Provisioning  
  • Updated Full Disk Access instructions on macOS Ventura 
  • New message to users if they log into the Dashboard using Internet Explorer 11 or below 
  • Please note that on-premises vault upgrade behavior change:  upgrading from v10.11 to v10.12 will need a reboot; this will not impact the devices since they are not connected with the vault during upgrade.

SCIM provisioning adds new differentiation for Endpoint Backup. This powerful new functionality simplifies user management and enhances security by automatically provisioning users, updating users, granting admin permissions, and disabling/deleting users in Carbonite Endpoint Backup. For more details about the new features/enhancements, please refer to the release notes at support.carbonite.com.

We are very pleased to announce the release of the Webroot Mobile Security V7.3 Android App in the Playstore.

The updated app is available in the Playstore​​

New Features

• What’s new – We have fixed the random logout issue of the WMS Android app and made it more stable.
  • 3PPT- Fixed the high and medium security vulnerabilities issues from 3rd party penetration test report.

Business Endpoint Core components version 1.6.0.38.

This version provides:

• Support for a future Anti-Ransomware module.
  • Core services can use the Windows OS feature to start as protected processes.
  • Fix for a BSOD reported in the field.
  • Add support to upload crash dumps for analysis.
  • Harden compatibility with the DNS agent.

Good updates, than you Tyler

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the update Tyler. Especially interested in the item copied above. On the Mac, scans can often get “hungry” and slow things down. I’m hoping the multiple  scan issue is also resolved, but even so, if I can cancel them more easily, this is great. 

On older versions, I hope some support will remain as I have clients who have older Macs and don’t want to update. It’s a larger number than you would expect. 

Thanks

Same for my clients actually. Struggling to get clients to pay to replace 2012-2015 macs that can’t run the later macOS versions and thus can’t use the latest webroot 

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

We really need a Carbonite option for deep file storage.  I spend $12 a month at AWS, the Carbonite option was 20k a year.