Cllas on service

• 7 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have been getting calls on my service saying that Webroot isn’t doing business in USA any more and would have to pay another 199.00 to connect in the UK. I have 2 years left on my account and they said If I wanted refund to log on to my banking online to get it. When I did these they said the accidently put 10,000 in my account. I needed to go to bank and withdraw the money and they would give me instructions what to do next. I told them, I wasn’t about to do that and he said he needed to get the money back. I told him to figure it out some other ways and hung up on Him. He said his name was Sam and gave me a # 315-837-0090. He called back over 10 time trying to connect with me. I checked my bank, there wasn’t the amount in there. I have been getting many calls from them since. What can I do, other than not answer , is there a fraud hotline to report them on?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@Lin6878 ,

This is 100% a fraudulent call. Webroot is staying in the U.S. and would never follow this kind of practice under any circumstance. 

I would recommend contacting the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or this website: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Thanks!