First time here. When I run webroot scan. It often just disappears from my screen. stops the scan an

• 23 August 2015
  • 6 replies

...and I have to bring it back up again maybe three times before it finally completes the scan. Why is this happening. Then only difference I see with each scan is that each time it takes less time to do the attempted scans until finally the last scan goes quickly and finishes. But if I'm not there to watch it then (with the automatic scheduled scans this is always the case) I never get a cmpleted scan. The dashboard always states the scan is aborted or incomplete. What's up with this? 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi get49get

Welcome to the Community Forums.

We have had a few occurrences of this in the past and the first thing to try is an unistall & clean reinstall of WSA, which you should undertake as follows:

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings, if so offerred duringt he reinstall process; you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If this fails to resolve the problem, you may need to contact Support for assistance.

If your subscription is directly through Webroot, you will need to contact Webroot Support.  You can do so by submitting a Trouble Ticket if you have not already done so, or by phone during business hours.  (The online Ticketing system is manned 24/7).

Hope that helps?  Please do keep us updated with your progress on this issue and we wil try to help further if we can.

Regards, Baldrick
Newbie Q:
So, there's one universal wsainstall.exe and the key determines which features are activated...?
Is the Uninstall by Control Panel or native uninstaller or they're one in the same. 

Doesn't WSA have export settings.  Um, is that ever used...?
So, if I saved settings that would not be deemed a clean install...?

Does wsainstall open as 70 day trial...or, is there a discrete trial installer. 

Is a WSA removal tool ever needed..?
Userlevel 7
Answer to Q1. Both, you can find the uninstaller from the Start Menu > Webroot > Tools OR go via the Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs.

Answer to Q2. Yes, go to Advanced Settings (top right of the main screen and look for the Import/Export tab on the lefthad side of the panel. Yes, I certainly use the feature.

Answer to Q3. The trial is a 30 day (the Money Back Guarentee is 70 days) & if you buy all you do is to enter your subcription keycode into the trial installation and activate.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Answer to Q3. The trial is a 30 day (the Money Back guarantee) is 70 days.

So, what happens to trial on day 30...?
So, I may Trial for 30 days and then must decide on day 29 one way or the other. 

Does the 70 days start from begin of Trial or begin on activate...?
Do I have 30 + 70 approx.  or 70 minus 30...?  

Userlevel 7
That is correct...you trial for 30 days and then if you decide to buy, do so and then are not happy you can ask for a refund up to 70 days after buying a subscription.

So in essence you actually have a 100 day 'trial' during the last 70 days of which you can get your money back if you are disatisfied withthe product.

Regards, Baldrick
@ wrote:
That is correct...you trial for 30 days and then if you decide to buy, do so and then are not happy you can ask for a refund up to 70 days after buying a subscription.

So in essence you actually have a 100 day 'trial' during the last 70 days of which you can get your money back if you are disatisfied withthe product.

Regards, Baldrick
I called Sales. I told them word for word what you say and they say you're wrong.