Good morning all! newly registered.

• 29 September 2014
  • 4 replies

I am newly registered here. 79 yr old retirie from Fairview, NC  I am retired from the US Navy, and Biltmore Dairy Farms. Also Roseway Transportation.  I went to work at Biltmore Dairy, part time at the age of 12. Then full time at the age of 16. Joined the Navy at the age of 17. Served 8 years, 4 active duty and 4 ready reserve.  Back to Biltmore at the age of 21. Re-inlisted in the Naval Reserve at the age of 43 and retired from the Navy at the age of 60. I retired from Biltmore at the age of 50 when they sold out to Pet Dairy in 1985. I went to work at that time as a long haul truck driver and retired at the age of 62.
Have been enjoying life since!
I have enjoyed all my working years, but the most memorable were the 3 deployments to the Philippines and one to Adak, Alaska in the 1950's, and the deployment to Saudi Arabia during the 1st. Gulf War in 1991 and 1992.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello fairviewseabee, Welcome aboard the USS Webroot. :D
You'll enjoy it here with the many friendly people on this forum.
If you ever need any help, this is the place to post.
I see you were in the USN and Truck Driving, same here. Thank you for serving. 

Userlevel 7
Welcome fairviewseabee  to Webroot forum your in good hands here. I'm 67 years old served in the Army from 1966 to 1969 during the Viet Nam war. Good to hear from a ex service man. Enjoy the forum its the best we have the best staff and membes on the web today right here:D
Userlevel 7
Hi fairviewseabee

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Glad to have your here and hope that you stick around.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello fairviewseabee!!

Welcome to the Community Forum!

Wonderful to have you here!

We are a friendly bunch here and hope you can enjoy the group and learn everyday as we do!