how come my yahoo mail window is slow in downloading?

Hello, my name is cletus  I am a hearing impaired man who just dowloaded this software. I am 70 yrs old and do not have great skills with electronics like computer, laptops, or hand held devices. so your input is important to me.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

You might want to be sure you have a good connection. I would clear out Yahoo's cace/history/cookies.

You didn't mention what browser you are using. If you are using Internet Explorer,  you could try a different browser such as FireFox or Chrome. .

Hope this helps and if not please get back to us.

Kind Regards,
hi! I use the INTERNET EXPLORER as the browser. I have had Yahoo for several years. this is the first time I am having to wait for it to download. got this new internet security and thought it wold help. I am surprised it did not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @,

Can you just try to clear IE cache?

1. Click Tools | select Internet Options.
  2. Under "Browsing history," click Delete.
  3. Select:[list]
  4. Temporary Internet files and website files
  5. Cookies and website data
  • Click Delete.
  • Click OK.
  • Restart Internet Explorer.[/list] 
    Let us know if that helps or not. Ok?

• ok thanks
    Userlevel 7
    Badge +62
    Hi @

You are welcome. Let us know if you still need more help.;)

Edited: Increase the browser disk space allotment. On the menu again click 'Tools', click 'Internet Options', click 'General' tab, scroll to browsing history, set 'Disk space usage' at 250MB or 500MB, click 'OK' to finish.

You might need Adobe Flash Player and you may need to install the newest version http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer