Solved

HOW DO I CREATE EXCEPTIONS FOR BACKUPS?

• 31 December 2023
  • 3 replies

I use Ascomp Synchredible to perform multiple backups of files to multiple endpoints every day.  Once WebRoot SecureAnywhere has scanned the files initially I want Synchredible to copy them to the other locations without the hassle of having to tell WebRoot again and again that I have already recovered these files from Quarantine and they are OK.   How do I create an exception in WebRoot that will ignore my use of this software?

Also - I find that the majority of the files that WebRoot flags are OK - so I first have to restore them from Quarantine and THEN I have to change the block/allow from Ignore to MONITOR.  Is there a way to force WebRoot to assign the MONITOR flag to all these files so I don’t have to waste time over and over again?  I have made numerous suggestions to the company to make this a feature that can be set by the customer over the years but no action on their part.

BTW - I’ve been a WebRoot guy forever and have it installed on at least 10 systems so these small issues are exasperated over and over on each of my systems.  

Thanks

Howard

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 6 January 2024, 18:19

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @HLubert 

It’s best to contact Webroot Support via the Ticket System as a Scan log is uploaded as well and they can Whitelist the files then the issue will stop: https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicetalk.asp? Also I would add the issues you are having with this software and they can help you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

I do it many times as I use not well known software and I have to get them to whitelist my files!

Thanks,

I am trying to create an EXCEPTION in WEBROOT so that whenever I run Ascomp Synchredible software (i.e. Synchredible.exe)  Webroot does not scan the activity.   I have not been able to figure out how to create a script (the only place in Webroot that I think this needs to be) so that Webroot just ignores the file activity of Synchredible.

PLEASE HELP!  If you know how to do this I will pay you for the solution!

Thanks

Howard

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @HLubert 

I asked you to Contact Webroot Support as we can only do so much on the Community and we Mods are Volunteers and we can’t help on the Back-end stuff so please contact Webroot support and they will help you sort it out.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket 24/7/365

Call 1-866-612-4227 Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Subscription Software from Best Buy:

BestBuy-GeekSquad logo

Chat with a Geek Squad Agent

Call 1-888-BEST-BUY or (1-888-237-8289)

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,