Solved

https://s.yimg.com

• 20 December 2015
  • 29 replies

Hello to all I am having trouble with ( https://s.yimg.com ) every time I try to log into Yahoo
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 20 December 2015, 20:41

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Simon

You are most welcome. Glad to hear that we are able to assist in resolvingt he issue for you. :D

And thank yo for taking the trouble and the time to come back her eto advise of this. This sort of feedback is very important to us as it helsp us hone the responses we provide to other users who may have a similar problem.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi there I am the guy that had the problem with my Yahoo mail I just wanted to Thank You again for taking the time to help me with that, I did not have to download any removal tool from the file you sent me but after reading up on some articles that the guy had posted which he said should be looked into first I was able clear up my Yahoo mail box problem by deleting a file from WinZip Computing and another one which I can't remmember right now I, also came to the conclusion that my Laptop was not infected in anyway. Thanks again, Simon 
Userlevel 7
Hi ken_w1

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Always glad when what we post helps numerous Community members to resolve an issues. That is what we do and are about.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you for the notification. I located the s.yimg.com download files and used WEB Root to permanently remove each. Hopefully, that is the end of those and with no remnant activity.
Userlevel 7
Hi craby63

Private Message sent as requested.

Regards, Baldrick
Hi I did not know how to send you a private message but can you send me whatever solution you have at craby63@gmail.com thank you very much for your time and knowledge it is greatly appreciated
Userlevel 7
Hi craby63

I have found some guidance on how to remove s.yimg.com from a number of browsers but Community Guidelines prevent me from posting the link in the Foum. If you are interested in the link please send me a Private Message and I will share it withg you. I should point out that what is suggested is somewhat technical but you may be OK with it...you will need to decide that for yourself.

Regards, Baldrick
I normaly click on theToshiba icon but I also found an IE icon and in that dialog box it says Toshiba/Msn
There is nothing in the dialog box but above it it says Toshiba.com is my hompage
Userlevel 7
Well, craby63, s.yimg.com is a domain owned and operated by Yahoo. That much is clear, and there is no obvious reason to suspect foul play if you are on a Yahoo site and see files being requested from s.yimg.com.

True, Yahoo might be using it for some tracking scripts/images, but from checking around it would seem that completely blocking it will break Yahoo so that's not really an option.

What I would like you to do is to click on the gear/cog symbol in the top right hand corner of your browser window and then click on 'Internet options'.

From the General tab check what you have listed under 'Home page' and report that back here.

Regards, Baldrick
cool instructions man I belive I am using IE it looks like a circle with gears
I do not have Chrome or Firefox on my Laptop so I guess it is the big E thing
Userlevel 7
Hi craby63

No worries...take your time. Please follow my guidance in terms of trying to assertaiin the browser you are using...all you need to do is to check the top right hand corner of the browser window.

If IE then you should be seeing:

If Firefox then you should be seeing:

If Chrome then you should be seeing:

All related to the top RIGHTHAND corner or the browser page.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you look at the top end of your internet browser do you see any of the 3 tabs & title bars there ( ignore the dodgy look as i quickly screencapped some ) The top tab is chrome, the one below is Firefox and the one on the bottom is internet explorer...
HAd to erase some info that i dont want to be seen in this topic for confidentiality reasons
I open up with a Toshiba start Icon but I think it might be Internet explorer
Hi I open up from a Toshiba start Icon but I am thinking it might be Internet explorer
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? don't worry . ? 's really good in explaining things 
so what logo do you click on to get on the internet ???

That's what Baldrick wanted to know... and i'm pretty sure he has good reasons for it...

Userlevel 7
Hi craby

You should be able to identify your browser by right clicking on the icon in the top right hand corner of your browser window (if Firefox or Chrome) which should look like three horizontal lines one on top of the other.

From the menu displayed click on either 'Help' or the '?' symbol...both should be at the bottom or near the bottom of the menu displayed. And from that you should be able to identify if it is Chrome or Firefox.

If you do not have the three horizontal lines one on top of the other then you are most likely using IE in which case you should see a gear/cog symbol in the top right hand corner.

Either way let us know.

Regards, Baldrick
I am not very tech suave so I am not really sure
I think I might have confused Geek Squad for Webroot support because the chat agent wanted me to make a purchase
Userlevel 7
Hi craby63

Please advise as to which browser you are using when you are running into this issue.

Many thanks, Baldrick
I am not able to see the normal mail screen it goes to like some kind of script that gives me all the names of countries
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
Who said that about the protection package? That does certainly not sound like WR support to me...
Thank you Sir for the responce but when I tried  to get support they said I had to purchase a $ 199.00 protection package so they could run a malware scan which did not make sense to me because I just renewed my webroot subcription 2 days ago
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
So you see it point to this s.yimg.com link... That link is part of Yahoo's content distribution system (in our words it's yahoo's delivery system for commercials and stuff like that ). After diverting to this link are you then able to view your emails?? or not?