Solved

IoT security - Webroot

• 28 November 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2

Does Webroot provide IoT security protection? 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 28 November 2023, 17:03

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @sm-d 

Have a look at this Webroot Blog from our Webroot Community Manager and he is Webroot’s Sr. Security Analyst!

HTH,

ct itHello @sm-d 

Have a look at this Webroot Blog from our Webroot Community Manager and he is Webroot’s Sr. Security Analyst!

HTH,

Interesting link, and a good and useful read. Thanks! But did the OP really endorse this post as answering his question?? If so, I’m surprised because it doesn’t.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Webroot for consumers will protect all of your computers, tablets and phones. 

However the business DNS protection can protect the router which would protect all devices on the network from visiting malicious URLs/IPs

Hope this answers your question

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Webroot for consumers will protect all of your computers, tablets and phones. 

However the business DNS protection can protect the router which would protect all devices on the network from visiting malicious URLs/IPs

Hope this answers your question

But that’s only for the Business side right? Not Consumer. They should make DNS protection for Consumer. 👍🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

But that’s only for the Business side right? Not Consumer. They should make DNS protection for Consumer. 👍🏻

Correct!

Consumers can still buy DNS protection, but you’re right it’s designed for Business side

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Correct!

Consumers can still buy DNS protection, but you’re right it’s designed for Business side

Really! I didn't know there was DNS protection for Consumers.

Really! I didn't know there was DNS protection for Consumers.

Good news if ever I need it! But I think it would be nice if Webroot also had a version designed for home consumers. People who have IoT devices don’t particularly want them to become piggy-backs for Denial of Service attacks and all that kind of stuff.