Solved

Microsoft Account

• 7 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Microsoft locked my account. Said I violated their policies when I did a sync between my PC and my cloud account. I filled out the form to unlock it, got a number 2 months ago and that was the last I have heard from them. Can’t log in to my outlook.com account, calendar, nothing. What can I do? It is like no one in Security exists. No way to correspond with them, customer service says they can’t even reach out to the security team. I have literally 100s of files stored in the cloud. The only ones I can do anything with are the few that synced to my PC before they cut me off! 

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 7 August 2023, 21:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Ronnie 

It’s not a Webroot issue as I did a search so have a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/account-has-been-locked-805e8b0d-4141-29b2-7b65-df6ff6c9ce27

Thanks,

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

There were most likely some files in the sync that triggered an automated process. Could be malware, keyloggers, scanning tools. Or perhaps documents, pictures or other files that contain copyrighted material or otherwise offensive material as seen through Microsoft’s eyes. 

as @TripleHelix suggested, get the code and see if you can regain access that way.