Solved

Need help with webroot and computer problems

Hello,

I am having problems with opening web pages since putting webroot on my computer.  Any advice on this??? 

Also,  can I re-install webroot on my computer if I unstall it?

Thankyou!
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 10 March 2013, 00:30

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
HI LisaM, and welcome to the Community!

Is it blocking ALL webpages when active?

As for re-installing, yes.  You can re-install it after uninstalling.
Hello!

Yes, it's all webpages.  It shows me the header on each web page I try to open but nothing for the body of the site.  For example, it shows me that I am logged into my email but nothing in my email (I can't click anything in my email either).
Userlevel 7
Do you get any Webroot messages showing that it is blocking the site or content?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Lisa and welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Can you tell us if you are using another AV or you replaced your AV to WSA and do you have any other security software running in realtime? Also can you please try a reboot to see if that helps?

TH
Hello again,

Thanks for your quick responses again on this. 

No, it's not showing me any messages from Webroot.

And no, I am not running any other type of antivirus program either.

I'm just a bit freaked out as I have never had any computer issues and all of a sudden have them now that I got a new virus protection program, lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hello again,

Thanks for your quick responses again on this. 

No, it's not showing me any messages from Webroot.

And no, I am not running any other type of antivirus program either.

I'm just a bit freaked out as I have never had any computer issues and all of a sudden have them now that I got a new virus protection program, lol.

Can you try a reboot!

Thanks,

TH
I have already done a reboot and the webpages are still coming up blank.  Shall I try another reboot?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No I'm going to have you do a clean reinstall! First make sure you have a copy of your keycode before moving ahead, Uninstall and reboot then download a fresh copy from here or if you are using "the Best Buy version for subscription software" and install and make sure you let it finish it's install routine once that is done please reboot again and let us know if that fixes the issue.

TH
Userlevel 7
I am going to bow out of this as TripleHelix will have better suggestions than myself.  I will be watching to learn what the solution ends up being!
Okay, I am trying that now.  Thank you so much.  Wish me luck!  *fingers crossed*
Userlevel 7
While you have WSA uninstalled, I'd also bring up a couple of pages briefly to see if the issue persists with WSA not on the computer.
OMG it worked!!! Thank you so much for all your help!  You have been so helpful when I was freaking out! 
Userlevel 7
Great to hear it is fixed!  :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's so great to hear 😃 can I ask you what Windows version are you using and the Browsers that you use?

Thanks,

TH
Absolutely!
I use Windows 8 and I have no clue on the browsers.  Sorry, I'm not very techie (as you might have guessed).
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Absolutely!
I use Windows 8 and I have no clue on the browsers.  Sorry, I'm not very techie (as you might have guessed).
OK thank you it must be Internet Explorer 10! No need to freak out next time as someone is always here to help! ;)

Cheers,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello LisaM, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃