Security settings.

• 31 October 2014
  • 3 replies

Hi!  I need some help and I have never asked a question before or even been on this site.

For the last couple of weeks, everytime I try to download anything I get a message that says, "Your current security settings won't let you download this file.

I have not knowing changed anything on my computer.  There are always changes made that I don't make.  I am on AT&T and use Yahoo email through them,  AT&T is always changing something so they may have done something that caused this.

Just asking if anyone can help me.

Thanks,  J. Smith

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello J. Welcome to the Community.

You did not mention what browser you use. I will assume you use Internet Explorer. And the message 'Your current security settings won't let you download this file' appears on I.E.

In that case:

a.    Open Internet Explorer.
b.    Click Tools and then options.
c.    Click on the security tab.
d.    Select the Internet Zone.
e.    Click on the Custom Level Button and then scroll down to Download.
f.     Make sure to enable File download.
g.    Click Apply and Ok
h.    Restart Internet Explorer and check if that helps.

I hope it helps. If you're using another browser or is the above method doesn't work, please do tell.:)
Thank you.  Yes I am using IE and don't understand why my settings would change.  I will try what you advised.  I appreciate the answer. 
J
Userlevel 7
Let us know if it helps!

Anytime you have a question or problem, feel free to let us know!  We have a lot of good people here who enjoy helping out 🙂