We keep getting a pop up that says does this version of web root does not work with windows 10

• 27 December 2016
  • 1 reply

We keep getting a pop up that says does this version of web root does not work with windows 10.  It is a continuous pop-up that is very annoying.  When we open up Webroot secureanywhere it says it is up to date and is maintaining threat definitions in the cloud.  The OS is an upgrade version of Windows 10

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi mmowry

Welcome to the Communit Forums.

This does notsound right and I have not heard of what you are describing. I am wondeirng if there is an installation and/or update issue here and as such I would recommend, first off, that you undertake an uninstall/clean reintsall to see if that sorts the issue. If you would like to try then please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here(Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer; to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
then give it some time/carry out normal activity to see if the popups reappear.

Either way pleas epost back to advise how you have gotten on.

Regards, Baldrick