Solved

Where is Application Protection" now. It used to be in "Identity Protection"

• 14 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

Firefox is opened in a sandbox (Sandboxie) with Webroot SecureAnywhere running.  When Firefox is updated I go through a 4 minute process that allows this.  Sometimes Firefox will not open.  I would View Status on Webroot, click “Identity Protection” and select tab “Application Protection”.  Firefox would be set to “Protect”.  Changing that to “Allow” resolved the issue.

Recently Firefox was updated, then Webroot was updated, Firefox would not load.  No problem….  However, now “Application Protection” no longer exists so, to run Firefox I must shut down Webroot.

In Running Processes, Firefox is marked “Allow” but that has always been the case when Firefox was running.  Customer Support has not responded to my query.  I’m hoping there is a solution.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 14 September 2023, 22:19

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ExpertNovice 

I don’t know much about Sandboxie and Webroot renamed “Identity Protection” to “Privacy Protection” and “Application Protection” tab remains the same. Nothing has changed otherwise and still works the same only a name change!

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

TripleHelix, A name I recognize and someone I will thank again.

All is working well.

For about a week clicking on the Tool icon of any “page” brought up nothing.  I repeatedly tried.  For a few days I would shutdown webroot, open firefox, and restart webroot.

Then, for a few days I would shutdown webroot, open firefox, and restart webroot.  I kept clicking on the Tool icons and, finally, they appeared.  Sure, the title changed (to a “better” title IMO) but that is a non-issue.  Possibly I was doing something wrong but have been doing the same thing for so many years that seems unlikely.

FYI:  IT took me over a year to come up with a relatively fast (~4 min) method to update Firefox when using Sandboxie and Webroot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @ExpertNovice 

Maybe you need to do a clean reinstall of Webroot? Or do you think it has to do with Sandboxie?

Just in case you want to do a clean reinstall!

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Go into Safe Mode and Delete these Folders if they are there!
  • C:\Program Files\Webroot Folder
  • C:\ProgramData\WRData Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • C:\ProgramData\WRCore Folder (Hidden Folder)
  • Boot back into normal mode
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
  • DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done

Info in case you don’t know how to go into Safe Mode: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-10-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234

Please let us know if that resolves your issue?

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

No need to reinstall.  All is working well now and has been for several days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

No need to reinstall.  All is working well now and has been for several days.

Great to hear! 👍