Solved

Carbonite!

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Carbonite has become a major irritation. Not only is it abominably slow but every time I’m diverted to it I’m questioned by an annoying security app only to find my password doesn’t work. I seem to have to generate a new one for each visit. Last time I visited I forgot my password I clicked on the resulting email and found myself logged in to my account!!!

Why has Webroot put itself in the hands of these amateurs? Who are they anyway? Norton killed itself doing a similar thing when it hitched up with Symantec.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 28 June 2022, 01:28

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I haven’t used Carbonite as of yet myself, but if you are experiencing these issues have you reported it to the support team for assistance?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

After doing a clean re-install of Webroot I didn’t have much choice as  a nag kept appearing asking me to open an account which I already had but this took me to carbonite!

No to support contact btw.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

After doing a clean re-install of Webroot I didn’t have much choice as  a nag kept appearing asking me to open an account which I already had but this took me to carbonite!

No to support contact btw.

The Carbonite Account Nag just stopped, Windows 10 64 Pro, Webroot Secure Anywhere.
I have never used Carbonite and only have a Webroot account.
The Carbonite account Nag was very annoying, I tried everything I could think of, used Webroot Account Credentials and tried to setup a new Carbonite Account.
When I attempted to setup a Carbonite account, I entered my Webroot Key and got a message the Key is already used. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The Carbonite nag message continues to be very annoying and the commentary suggesting that it has been turned off at the backend is not 100% correct.

Message appears every time my PC is restarted.

Support ticket raised 7+ days ago but it’s been a deafening silence from Support.

When querying the status of the last conversation (the ticket I raised), I am prompted for a password which was never provided.

When selecting the “forgot my password option”, the system says that an email has been sent to me.  Nothing has been received, no messages in Spam or junk mail folders.

What is going on Webroot?  This is not a good example of award winning support which is stated on your web page.

I have established an account and logged on several times but I still get the nag screen at each startup.

It occurs to me that I renewed for 2 years at a pretty ridiculous price. It may be the cost of  getting the software at reduced price. What other marketing is as effective as these nag screens?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I have established an account and logged on several times but I still get the nag screen at each startup.

It occurs to me that I renewed for 2 years at a pretty ridiculous price. It may be the cost of  getting the software at reduced price. What other marketing is as effective as these nag screens?

Yes some are still getting the message and feel free to ignore until Webroot comes out with a fix for it.

Thanks,