1. The Forums
    https://community.webroot.com/
  1. Management Console CE 24.1
    https://my.webrootanywhere.com/

2. My AccountCE 24.1
    https://myaccount.carbonite.com/subscriptions

3. Support Questions
    https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/support-home

2. and 3. looks similar but are different. There is a lot of historic data in both and I would like to clear it if possible. I would also like all the information to be in one place? It’s all a bit confusing. A long time ago I had one log in and a console I could add customers keys etc and create groups for collections of keys. I think this was probably 2. but I can’t see any way to add or delete old info?

Can anyone clear this lot up and put me on the right path?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 6 March 2024, 14:25

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @cpcnw 

#1 and #4 are the same as it was, This Forum and Places to get Support from Webroot.

However now, #2 is the “OLD Control Console”.

and #3 is the “New Control Console” that Webroot is switching to.

The easy way to switch everything to the New Console is by Contacting Support.

As for me: I have a Beta License on the New Console and a Paid License on the Old Console. I don’t like the New Console because it doesn’t show hardly anything like on the Old Console. On the New Console, you can’t send commands, can’t see scans, can’t delete computers and more like on the Old Console. I’m keeping my Paid License on the Old Console as long as I can. The choice is yours, to keep everything on the Old or switch to the new, but remember if you switch to the new you can’t go back to the old.

I also believe if you get a NEW License Key it will go on the New Console automatically. If you have a license on the OLD Console you can RENEW the License and it will remain on the Old Console.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 3

This has confused me too after coming back to it. 

Issue I have here is one of my BETA codes is on the old console and seemingly updating and one is on the new console that appears to have expired. 

I have noticed that same, in the new console doesn’t show half as much info as the old, but the new console is showing a load of deactivated devices, that are appearing as active still, with no obvious way to delete them. unless i am being stupid here? 

Can someone tell me what are the benefits in moving to the new console? 

Userlevel 7

This has confused me too after coming back to it. 

Issue I have here is one of my BETA codes is on the old console and seemingly updating and one is on the new console that appears to have expired. 

I have noticed that same, in the new console doesn’t show half as much info as the old, but the new console is showing a load of deactivated devices, that are appearing as active still, with no obvious way to delete them. unless i am being stupid here? 

No you can’t delete / deactivate computers on the new console.

Let me ping @TylerM our Community Manager about your question above:

Userlevel 3

Wow. that seems like an oversight on functionality. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I hope the older one continues as I never had a new keycode and can’t add to the old Console so if someone buys a new Keycode it would have to go on the new Console. 😖

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I hope the older one continues as I never had a new keycode and can’t add to the old Console so if someone buys a new Keycode it would have to go on the new Console. 😖

Relaying all of this to our PMs

Userlevel 3

@TylerM Any ETA or plans to readd the functionality of the old console to the new Carbonite console? Used to be able to pretty much control all aspects of the settings, scan results, computer status, trigger remote scans, etc that made it easy to be the family’s “IT” for security.

i think Sophos Home is the only other company that still has that granular of control as Webroot used to offer.