Solved

Webroot no longer shows a green checkmark by websites to indicate which websites are safe in the browser. How can I get that fearure back?

• 20 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Webroot no longer shows a green checkmark by websites to indicate which websites are safe in the browser. How can I get that fearure back?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 20 November 2023, 22:34

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @stewtech 

Try a reboot of the system and let us know! Is it just Google Chrome you can try to install from the Chrome Store while using Chrome: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/web-threat-shield/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd?pli=1

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

This issue appears from time to time for no obvious reason- most commonly over a weekend . At some point it reactivates. I have found this issue in Chrome, Firefox and Edge, but when it disappears- it disappears in all 3 browsers, but as I have said it reactivates at some point later sometime after several days. I hope this helps. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi Both, 

I do not have the problem at present & indeed not for quite some time. However I know from past contact with the customer service team that my system is  protected. even when the Green ticks disappear. There used to be a W in the upper right corner which if clicked would confirm that the browser item is OK- or not. So when  it happens I don’t worry about it- just wait for it to come back on stream. However I’ll save the link in the Webroot folder for use in the future if it become necessary.. I do recall my ‘techie’ having persistent ‘conflicts’ with WSA and Chrome when he was setting up my, then, new PC. After numerous uninstalls and re-instals he eventually got the two to work together. It’s been OK since- and I have got another PC since then as well.

Thanks for the interest.

Arjabhai

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hi Both, 

I do not have the problem at present & indeed not for quite some time. However I know from past contact with the customer service team that my system is  protected. even when the Green ticks disappear. There used to be a W in the upper right corner which if clicked would confirm that the browser item is OK- or not. So when  it happens I don’t worry about it- just wait for it to come back on stream. However I’ll save the link in the Webroot folder for use in the future if it become necessary.. I do recall my ‘techie’ having persistent ‘conflicts’ with WSA and Chrome when he was setting up my, then, new PC. After numerous uninstalls and re-instals he eventually got the two to work together. It’s been OK since- and I have got another PC since then as well.

Thanks for the interest.

Arjabhai

Mine is always there in all of my Browsers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

OK, point taken- the fact that I said ‘used to be’ indicates that I haven’t needed to look at it as the ‘Green tick’ problem hasn’t occurred  for a long time ( I hope that’s not tempting providence!! ) Regards