PC-Release Notes-Version 8.0.2.105

• 13 February 2013
  • 19 replies

Userlevel 7
http://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_title_image.png

Version 8.0.2.105 (Released February 12th, 2013)
Improved
  • Backup & Sync behavior
  • Cleanup of ZeroAccess
  • Compatibility with the following 3rd party applications: [list]
  • Adguard Ads Blocker
  • CycleServer
  • Google Video Chat
  • Instant Text 7 Pro
  • Keyboard Express
  • OmniPass password management software
  • RoboForm2Go
  • ShortKeys  
  • General compatibility with hotkey applications
  • Identity Shield behavior
  • Keylogging protection
  • Padlock icon behavior
  • Scan functionality
  • Scan reporting[/list] Fixed
    • Issue using Alt+D in Opera with the Identity Shield enabled
    • Keystroke entry issues on some localized keyboards
    Other
    •  Minor UI updates

All Contents Copyright © 2013

• 19 replies

Userlevel 7
    Looks good. Thanks for the notes!
    Userlevel 5
    Badge +24
    My version still shows 8.0.2.96.
    Why is it not updating?
    Userlevel 7
    Sounds good!
    Userlevel 7
    Dtouch, not everyone receives the updates at the same time. They roll out to users gradually so as not to put excessive strain on our servers all at once. I'd expect to have it by the end of the day. If you want it immediately, you could uninstall and reinstall.
    Userlevel 4
    I have seeing it not updating for several days.  I know that they cannot update all at one time, but none in over 2 days.  Something is wrong.
    Userlevel 7
    Richard, at least one of your workstations is on the Beta enterprise build. I know that because you posted in another thread that it was on .103, which is a Beta-only build. If not all of them are on the Beta path, not all of them are going to update on that path. At the moment, both the Beta and the general release are at .105, so all of your machines will receive .105, which was only just released less than 24 hours ago.
    Userlevel 7
    I appear to be on a slower updating server.. Still at 8.02.96 LOL.  Probably get the upgrade tomorrow, as I dont feel like removing and reinstalling at the moment!
    Userlevel 4
    I uninstalled the beta 103 version and installed SecureAnywhere again on it.  It went to version 105.  I did the same thing on my own workstation since it was still on version 98.

I still do no understand why I have only 15 workstations on version 105 and 955 on version 98.  I also have a total of 248 workstations on older versions.  When Webroot states that not all workstations are updated at one time to prevent a heavy workload, are you talking about the workload on the Webroot server or on our network?

If the Webroot server is having a problem with upgrading the workstation clients on all of your subscribers at once or within a short period of time, then it is an issues that Webroot needs to address.  As the number of Webroot clients expand, the number of workstations to up upgraded expands.  As the number of workstations expand, then it will take longer and longer for workstations to be updated.

Can you explain to me why I only have 15 workstations on version 105 when the workstations are polling every 15 minutes?  Do the updates occurs with the polling, scanning that is once a day, or some other trigger?

Thanks for your patience with my lack of understanding.
    Userlevel 7
    It is normal for a new version to be rolled out gradually.  While I am not sure of Webroot's schedule for this, I know that it some companies can take several days to a week.  This is to reduce the load of the download server.  It also serves to help mitigate support issues in the event that a bug managed to get past beta testing prior to the public release.

I do not yet have the new version either.  We can probably expect to see all machines upgraded over the next few days.
    Userlevel 5
    Badge +24
    Mine is now showing version 8.0.2.109
    Userlevel 7

@dtouch wrote:
    Mine is now showing version 8.0.2.109
    That's the latest build that fixes the BSOD on XP machines after Tuesday's Windows updates. More to read here.
    Userlevel 5
    Badge +24
    So it must include the above said update.. am i right?
    Userlevel 7
    @dtouch wrote:
    So it must include the above said update.. am i right?
    Yes :D
    Userlevel 7
    Yup.. Mine jumped from .96. to .109 this morning.  Odd though: When I clicked Check For Updates, it said the new version  8.0.2.105 was available, and then I received 8.0.2.109
    Userlevel 7
    @DavidP wrote:
    Yup.. Mine jumped from .96. to .109 this morning.  Odd though: When I clicked Check For Updates, it said the new version  8.0.2.105 was available, and then I received 8.0.2.109
    This new version includes a better catastrophic converter deactivator.
    Userlevel 7
    @ wrote:
    @DavidP wrote:
    This new version includes a better catastrophic converter deactivator.
    Yes, I know they had to do quick fix for an issue, so the .109.  The strange part was the popup letting me know 105 was available when it installed 109. 
    Userlevel 7
    The popup had not been notified of the new update!
    Userlevel 7
    @ wrote:
    The popup had not been notified of the new update!
    Exactly!  I found it amusing... I guess I get amused easily early in the morning :S
    Userlevel 7
    Hey. We don't need that kind of talk here... oh, you said "amused."

Nevermind.