Solved

Solution Posts

• 19 September 2013
  • 44 replies

Show first post

44 replies

Userlevel 7
Well, based on his reply, I am under the impression that Jim feels that you have raised some good points and he feels that in general your ideas should be paid attention to by all Community members.  If there has been any abuse or disagreement in the methods used for accepting solutions or, discussions of that and Webroots response such as Jims reply earlier in this thread regarding how we should conduct oursevles in the future, as well as requests such as yours to have no one but yourself mark Solutions on your threads should be located there as Community Announcements is the location in which the Community Guidelines, changes of the Guidelines, threads about the running of the Community in general are located.

Jim may have said very little in the actual move, but his words carried a lot of meaning with them.
Userlevel 2
David wrote:

Community Announcements is the location in which the Community Guidelines, changes of the Guidelines, threads about the running of the Community in general are located.

Thanks David, maybe I got things wrong, hopefully Jim will comment.

Userlevel 2
Hello TripleHelix

It seems like every time we post in the same thread we end up locking horns. I have no idea why we keep locking horns but it's getting a bit tedious. I will now unburden myself regarding you. I think you are one of the nicest, friendliest, most helpful and knowledgeable people I have ever encountered. Could we bury the hatchet? If not go ahead and flame me for the nasty things I said about you in this post.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't know you or do I? And tedious things I already said that in post #6. I'm here to help users and members and to make friends in which I have with many. I'm on many Security Support Forums for over 13 years I just find you irritating & confrontational even when you Questioned my way of seeing things Here an since then it's been a ruff road an if you want to continue this conversation please use the PM system because I'm finished replying to you in Public as I don't want to cross the Community Guidelines any further!

TH
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Wondering why this thread was moved to the relative obscurity of community announcements.  In checking the posts in this thread, I didn't see anything that could be construed as a community announcement. So why was it moved?
As David noted, the Community Announcements forum is where discussion of the community itself belongs.  It's where the community guidelines are housed, as well as the VIP rank structure posts that explain at what point someone is granted the permission to mark solutions.

The Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus forum, from which this topic was moved, is intended for discussion of Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus, which is not the subject of this topic.

The post was moved in order to place it into an area suited to the subject of discussion.

---------------------------------
Tempfile, TripleHelix, I gather the two of you have some history from other forums.  You tend to disagree on things, and that's fine.  Just keep the disagreements civil please.  Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 2
Jim wrote:

Tempfile, TripleHelix, I gather the two of you have some history from other forums.  You tend to disagree on things, and that's fine.  Just keep the disagreements civil please.  Thanks

Wrong. I have never encountered TH in any other forum. Oddly enough all of his animosity originates from this forum alone.
Userlevel 2
@ wrote:
I don't know you or do I? And tedious things I already said that in post #6. I'm here to help users and members and to make friends in which I have with many. I'm on many Security Support Forums for over 13 years I just find you irritating & confrontational even when you Questioned my way of seeing things https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/What-reasons-influenced-you-the-most-to-make-you-choose-Webroot/m-p/49894#M2399 an since then it's been a ruff road an if you want to continue this conversation please use the PM system because I'm finished replying to you in Public as I don't want to cross the Community Guidelines any further!

TH
Sometimes people are not quite as nice as they seem. Irritating and confrontational? Those are 2 things that I don't want to be. If other community members agree with you I will leave and never post in this forum again. I encourage all community members that agree with TH to post your thoughts and feelings here. This is a fine forum and I don't want to drag it down with a squabble. If it is decided that I should leave I will continue to use WSA, but I will use the support system for any problems. I have not been a member here long, but I have enjoyed it very much. This forum is a great resource for WSA users.
Userlevel 4
Sometimes people are not quite as nice as they seem. Irritating and confrontational? Those are 2 things that I don't want to be. If other community members agree with you I will leave and never post in this forum again. I encourage all community members that agree with TH to post your thoughts and feelings here. This is a fine forum and I don't want to drag it down with a squabble. If it is decided that I should leave I will continue to use WSA, but I will use the support system for any problems. I have not been a member here long, but I have enjoyed it very much. This forum is a great resource for WSA users.

Hi Tempfile and welcome to the boards! We shouldn't be dragging "Do you like me Y/N" in to these forums. We're here to benefit each other with a knowledge pool about PC/device security.

If you find we're of benefit to you, by all means, stick around. We're a easy going bunch.

Now, I know TH can be a handful sometimes. Lord knows how he gets when he hasn't had his kibble at exactly 4pm. But he's a good egg.

It's fine to disagree with someone, but let's move past this and use the forums for what they are here for, and that's Webroot and security related issues.

Userlevel 2
Hello Gorg

Gorg wrote:

Hi Tempfile and welcome to the boards! We shouldn't be dragging "Do you like me Y/N" in to these forums. We're here to benefit each other with a knowledge pool about PC/device security.

I never asked whether anyone likes me, I don't care whether anyone likes me, I merely asked whether anyone agrees with TH that I am irritating and confrontational.

Gorg wrote:

Now, I know TH can be a handful sometimes. Lord knows how he gets when he hasn't had his kibble at exactly 4pm. But he's a good egg.

I agree 100%

How do I check my score on my web root protection, my last one was done for me. The score was 100/100.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jobbydo1 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

May I ask for more info on how you check your score as I'm not sure what your talking about?

Thanks,

TH  ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
This? Webroot Secure Anywhere Context Help
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
This? Webroot Secure Anywhere Context Help
Right on Dermot! But I have never seen 100/100 here is my latest.

Daniel

http://i61.tinypic.com/14kb2tu.png 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
And my best score.

http://i57.tinypic.com/21mb8g8.jpg
Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel

Snap...re. your best score...as long as I turn off VS...have to let Dan know about that.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 3
I did notice that you have uac disabled TH, that would be something to enable for sure as without it you won't know when programs try to write to your computer
Userlevel 7
Hi Justin

I, like Daniel, have UAC disabled and will not re-enable it, ever.  IMHO, it is a waste of space and badly designed/executed by MS so as to be an intrusion, and it has been replaced on my PC, by VoodooShield (not advertising by the way ;)) and that despite the purported benefits.

Sorry if I sound like a radical...but there it is, my system, my decision.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I did notice that you have uac disabled TH, that would be something to enable for sure as without it you won't know when programs try to write to your computer

@ wrote:
Hi Justin

I, like Daniel, have UAC disabled and will not re-enable it, ever.  IMHO, it is a waste of space and badly designed/executed by MS so as to be an intrusion, and it has been replaced on my PC, by VoodooShield (not advertising by the way ;)) and that despite the purported benefits.

Regards

Baldrick
Right I use VoodooShield so don't need UAC and before VS I never used UAC just don't like it IMHO? And I got to know the Developer and I got him a Support Forum on a security related site that I'm an Admin on!

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Hi Justin

Regards

Baldrick
Hi Baldrick, yes that approach works for you, in choosing to employ an anti-exec alongside WSA, and further testament to WSA's widespread compatibility, in the spirit of 'layered approach', and bearing in mind that (allegedly), no solution is ever 100% effective.
It boils down to what best meets your needs, and remembering each installation and user is absolutely unique.

There was an interesting thread earlier, with valuable opinion https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Compatibilty-question/m-p/67113#M3684