Solved

"Webroot Message" View your personalized Security Report

• 8 December 2013
  • 86 replies

Show first post

86 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If you look at the first post of this thread I just got the message again so it's been from Dec 7th 2013 till now which is March 25th 2014 so just over 3 months! And I will reply when it goes away!

Daniel

Userlevel 2
:DI for the first time made the report go away by having the unchecked area on the optimizer. That is where it is coming from unless someone from tech figured out another way. And I finally went thru the whole report did all it said to do..
Thank you for your time and have a great day
Userlevel 7
Hi littlevoice

How are you doing?

Thanks for sharing...however I must be thick or slow but I am not really understanding what you mean by "...by having the unchecked area on the optimizer"?  WOuld you be able to provide a bit more detail as to what you actually/changed?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Hi Baldrick

Open Webroot control panel go to Optimizer set up to run once a day or wk. depends on what you want. But I did go thru the report exactly as it said to do. Which was to Optimize the system, so until we do that on our system it will be there I believe. Thank you and have a great day.
littlevoice
Userlevel 7
If Optimizer settings had anything to do with the report, only WSA-Complete users would see it..  do we have that type of pattern?
Userlevel 7
Hi littlevoice

EDIT:  Oooops...did not notice that David had beaten me to it...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sSig_oops2.gif

Thanks for your reply...but you have me puzzled by what you say...I presume that you are using WSA Complete as you have the Optimizer...but WSAC/Gamer are the only version that does so I cannot see how that would work for those that do not, i.e., anyone using the Internat Security Plus or AntiVirus.

So I am head scratching here.  But will try out what yo say the next time I get the popup.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
If you look at the first post of this thread I just got the message again so it's been from Dec 7th 2013 till now which is March 25th 2014 so just over 3 months! And I will reply when it goes away!

Daniel

Sorry I forgot to say it stopped today as I started my Laptop and nothing Popped up! 2 days is not bad IMHO. And System Optimizer has nothing to do with it.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
I have Weboot Secure Anywhere do not know anything else about it. I also have 8.1 Windows and yes I have the Optimizer but I did go thru the report did as said did not see report this morning at all. That was almost a disappointment, I was getting use to it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well by the looks of it I got it twice and just over 3 months apart you will have something to look forward too as it's gone for me also! ;)

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2

I had saved a optimized report it has WSA _SA on the report, so I must have the same as you are talking about. If your front panel has optimize then you have setting inside for it. There are things I need to really ask you all about I know nothing about, this I didn;t just fell into it. The report helps you go thru it.
Thank you for your time and have a great day
little voice
Userlevel 7
Hi guys,
It seems quite strange for me...
From the early beginnings of my adventure with WSA I've never seen a message with security report...

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 7
Miquellwrote: 
From the early beginnings of my adventure with WSA I've never seen a message with security report...

Neither have I!:S
Userlevel 7
Hi Amit,

Somehow it's good to know that i'm not the only one ;)

Cheers,

Mike
Userlevel 7
Sorry, littlevoice

I still do not see what it is you are referring to.  Is there any chance that you could send me a private message (PM) with a screen shot of exactly what you are seeing/doing...or place a screenshot on one of those hosting website and then post the link in the htread?  Your statement "If your front panel has optimize" has got me wondering if we are using the same software?

Thanks in advance.

Baldrick 
Userlevel 2
Sorry Baldrick,

Bottom right click the W to pull up the Webroot security. Click view status, I am doing this as I am typing as to tell you correctly. Go thru the little gear on utilities go to System Optimizer click optimize now. It will tell what all else to do. Enable the optimizer to schedule regular test. Then will do on it's own, and you can set some settings up by just going into Advanced Settings at the top. Which ever you want to play with. I found to just jump in with both feet and get in trouble that is my middle name.
Userlevel 2
Hi ams963
I didn't have it in the beginning either. How long have you had the Webroot?
Userlevel 7
No need to apologise, littlevoiceHave followed your instructions and I still do not get it.I must be missing something, but what...I do not know!Baldrick
Userlevel 2
okay what did you doiw  ill do what ever it takes to help us get it good. We will get there, I just don't have all my words right. sorry

littlevoice big mouth haha
Userlevel 2
do you have the webroot panel in the front? and it has utilities right. in utilities look around top tabs for the optimizer that is how to find it sorry
Userlevel 5
Very long post.
Userlevel 7
Hi littlevoice

It is just coincidence nothing more.  I had the Security Report appear for a couple of days because I did not read it...as soon as I did it stopped appearing.   Your running the Optimizer just happened to coincide with the Optimizer...nothing more in my opinion.

I think that it is best to wait until the next time it appears and then try the same thing again and see if you can reproduce what you have reported this time.

Just a thought...otherwise we could be trying to find soomething that may not exist.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Ryan

Thank you for the invitation I will be there if I can. I feel honored to have this invite. It gives me a chance to learn more as I need it. I had a hacker and fear it again.

Thank you have a great night

little voice
Userlevel 2
Bradrick
Hi yes I agree that go thru report it goes away. But you should set optimizer for your system to clean the system daily, weekly whatever. After the scan below my utilities it is showing control system optimize now show reports this is open face on Weroot sorry maybe someway to better communicate. Do you all chat Facebook or anything like that? That might help your and my mis communicate I feel bad I don't do right. Or you don't have optimizer. But report I agree go away if read all the way thru.
Sorry so wordy me big mouth
little voice gone now
Userlevel 7
Hi littlevoice

I have set the Optimizer to clean on a schedule but it does not, in my case..."After the scan below my utilities it is showing control system optimize now show reports this is open face on Weroot".  What I am saying is that I cannot make this happen however hard I try.

Apologies but I am not on Facebook or anything like that...I do not believe in social media.

Let's wait until the next report is issued and see what happens, eh?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Okay sounds good to me. And it may just be a quarterly report. It seemed odd that it just showed up so every 3 mo. maybe like companies have maybe guess all day out of the blue. Your guess probably better than mine. I'm the newbie anyway. Have a great night till the next project.

littlevoice