Show first post

86 replies

Userlevel 7
Absolutely, littlevoice.

Have a great weekend.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi guys,
I admit that I totally did not expect it, however I've started getting the security reports on boot from today.

Regards,

Mike
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea it should go away in 2 to 3 days! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Thanks Daniel! 
However in any way it does not annoy me, I love everything that is connected with WSA! ;)

Mike
This message is very annoying.  How do I turn it off?
Userlevel 7
Hi edfries

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

As Daniel (TripleHelix) has advised in a previous post in this thread it should disappear in 2 or 3 days...but what I have found is that if you read the report, i.e., use the link to open the web page that provides the report then it seems to go away much sooner.  So I would try that.

There is a feature request open in the Ideas Exchange (see link at the top of this page) requesting additional granular control over the functionality.  You may add your comments to it and indeed vote for the request if you want...the Development Team review these frequently so it is a good way of making them aware of your views (click here for a direct link to the request).

Hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
As Daniel (TripleHelix) has advised in a previous post in this thread it should disappear in 2 or 3 days...but what I have found is that if you read the report, i.e., use the link to open the web page that provides the report then it seems to go away much sooner.  So I would try that. 
You are right Baldrick! :D
I can fully confirm that - after I've read the raport it has disappeared with the next restart.
On the other laptop it disappeared after 2 days.

Oh.., I almost forgot...
Hi edfries!
Welcome to the Webroot Community! :D

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 7
Hi Mike

Thanks for the confirmation...always welcome.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi Mike

Thanks for the confirmation...always welcome.

Regards

Baldrick
Hi Baldrick,
You're welcome my Friend :D

Cheers,

Mike
I'm having problems with my Personalized Security report. It's actually effecting windows 8 on my laptop. I got the message today and I clicked on it because I heard it would go away upon clicking it. So I shut my laptop off and went about my day and the next time I went to turn my laptop on it didn't go to the tile screen, it just went to my desktop and the report popped up again. So I restarted my laptop and it went to the tile screen like it always does and the report never pooped up again......until I opened up my webroot. I called Geek Squad and they reinstalled and told me that the security report should go away eventually, but they don't know exactly know why it's directing me to my desktop upon boot up. They said they think it could be the software from webroot doing it. 

I'm really worried about this and like some answers if possible. I like webroot and find this really dissapointing.
Userlevel 7
Hi JClark

If I recal correctly we have had reports of this previously, and if I am not mistaken it needs to be reported to Webroot.  Please have a look through this thread in case anything mentioned can be of assistance.  However, it looks like the issue was either resolved by reinstalling or just disappeared (for now) of its own accord.

Not sure if as a Best Buy version user you can Open a Support Ticketbdirectky with Webroot to notify them of the problem...or whether you have to ask The Geek Squad to do so for you. @ perhaps you would be able to advise as the correct process to follow in these circumstances?

Regards

Baldrick
So you've had reports that it causes windows to go to the desktop instead of the tiles?

Btw, it's still doing it. I called customer support and they said that don't see anything wrong with webroot or my operating system. The guy said it could just be windows 8 itself. 
Userlevel 7
Hi JClark

Yes, a very few (as you will see from reading through the thread I linked in my previous post).

Was customer support you spoke to Best Buy or Webroot?  And there seems to be a contradiction in what you are being told "don't see anything wrong with webroot or my operating system. The guy said it could just be windows 8 "...that is contradictory.

I would try a further reinstall, as follows, making sure that before you do you make sure that you have your keycode to hand: uninstall, REBOOT, reinstall (making sure that you do NOT import any previous settings if so offerred during the process), and then REBOOT.

Once that is done see if the behaviour is the same or is back to how you are expecting it to be.  Do please post back to let us known what thenposition is there after.

Regards

Baldrick
I just did another re-install and was not offered to keep previous settings. I'll see what happens and report back.
Userlevel 7
Hello everyone, sorry I am so late!  I did get the PM's sent and have read them all of the above.

Other than what Baldrick mentioned I have not seen this happening...  I would tend to think it is something with Windows but I am not sure.

Please do let us know how the latest reinstalls go amd the results, and we will go from there.
The problem is still happening. At first it went to the tile screen and the report popped back up again. But the next time I turned on my laptop it brought me to the desktop. I just want to mention that Sunday I had no problems at all, I never turned on my laptop on Monday. Once I got the security report pop up yesterday that's when the problem started. I have no idea what to do other than just not use my laptop for a week and pray the report goes away and everything goes back to normal, the next I turn it on again. I was told that these reports pop up every 90 days and last for week.

I really hope in the future there's a way for users to disable this feature.
Userlevel 7
@ , This is rather odd, would you be able to take a look?  The issue of Windows 8 going to desktip view is possibly a coincidance, but as the problem started when the Report started is interesting... 

JClark, I would suggest you submit aTrouble Ticket(link below).  The Security Report does indeed come on a semi-regular basis.  There has been a good bit of discussion regarding this, and the lack of controls for it. 

I invite you to take a look at the discussion and add your own Kudo and input:  

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/More-control-of-Personalised-Security-Report/idi-p/90140

I have an update and hopefully I fixed it. This is what I did. I turned my laptop on like normal and it brought to the desktop instead of the tiles and the security report popped up. So I restarted my laptop and it brought me to the tiles and no report. So from there I shut my laptop off and turned it on every 10 mins and it contnued to bring me to my tiles and no report. This where I got creative I disconnected from the internet opened up Webroot, when I would do this connected to the internet it would bring the report back. When i disconnected from the internet and opened it up no report (I'm assuming because it needs webroot needs to be connected to the cloud for it to pop up}. After I did this I closed Webroot and connected back to the internet then reopened it again and no pop up....but it says I can  look at it in the webroot window instead, I shut my laptop off and turned it on again and it went to my tiles and no report pop up. 

I think I fixed it hopefully. I'll comeback with another report.

I hope my SSHD hard drive is ok after all this, it's brand new.
Userlevel 7
Hi JClark

Very interesting...thanks for sharing...another one to try if any one else comes along with this issue, in the future.

In terms of your HDD, I am sure it will be OK, especially if it is new.  But if yo want to check it then just run CHKDSK C: /f at a command prompt and let it do its stuff...if there are any errors that should fix them.

Regards

Baldrick
I think I can officially say that the problem is solved. There's no more report pop up near the clock anymore, it's still going to my tile screen upon boot up. The only thing is that in the webroot window under scan computer it still says "view your personalized security report" but im my opinion that's where it should belong, not a pop up. Maybe it's just a coincidance that pop ups just ended up stopping. lol

I just hope I didn't do anything bad to my webroot and it's still going to work properly and keep me  protected. 

Thanks everyone for helping me out and listening to me.
Userlevel 7
Hi JClark

Many thanks for letting us.  In recognition of that I have taken the liberty of awarding you the Solution for this...that way when the next user who has this issue comes across your post they will be directed straight to your solution, and so can try it for themselves with minimum delay.

Well done.

Regards

Baldrick
Do you think what I did isn't going to mess up my webroot or cause a interference when it's scanning or prevent a virus?
Userlevel 7
No, not at all...I feel that yo should be OK.  BUt if yo have any concerns just keep an eye on the app.  You should see it functioning normally...and if you have any concerns just install and clean re-install...just to make sure.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I think I can officially say that the problem is solved. There's no more report pop up near the clock anymore, it's still going to my tile screen upon boot up. The only thing is that in the webroot window under scan computer it still says "view your personalized security report" but im my opinion that's where it should belong, not a pop up. Maybe it's just a coincidance that pop ups just ended up stopping. lol

I just hope I didn't do anything bad to my webroot and it's still going to work properly and keep me  protected. 

Thanks everyone for helping me out and listening to me.
I would agree with you there, or as most a single fire pop up so you know to look at the main UI, not the repeating pop ups that seem to be sent.
Userlevel 1
Problem is NOT solved. I received this popup several times and finally I clicked it, looked at everything, said "ok, very pretty," then closed the browser. Today, I turn on my computer again and, there it is again. I think if this popup isn't resolved, I am switching to another protection company. ANY idea how to turn this thing off for good? Driving me nuts!