Solved

"Webroot Message" View your personalized Security Report

• 8 December 2013
  • 86 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I just got this message down by the Clock a few minutes ago Cool! Maybe @ can give us some info on this? ;)

Daniel

icon

Best answer by JClark 4 June 2014, 19:25

View original

86 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey that looks pretty cool!  (I have not seen it yet....)
Userlevel 7
Must be something that's being rolled out slowly! I haven't seen it yet either but I'm interested in seeing it!

Shran
Userlevel 7
Got it too...and it is way cool.  One of the best reporting formats of this sort that I have seen (KIS has one...ish but it is not as well thought or as useful as the WSA offering).

Had it pop up on successive reboots and whilst I think that it is great for a number of reasons  I would like to know more as to what triggers it appearing, over what period, what frequency, etc.  Hopefully that will be forthcoming shortly.

Also worth noting the major change to the main GUI...bottom lefthand corner...a very nice touch ;) (and obviously part of the development team's master plan...  Knowing that, if it pops up at an inconvenient time all one needs to do is to decline it from the pop up and access it when convenient via the main GUI...job done. :D

An excellent, proactive feature that has great potential...IMHO

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Well, at least TH isn't the only one with it now... must be a controlled rollout: I have not seen it yet 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi David

Have to say that there does not seem to be any 'pattern' to how these 'features' get rolled out. :S

No change in version no leads me to hypothesise that the fucntionality has been in 4.42 from the start and is now being activated.  Hopefully when this is regularised the 30 millions users will get their notifications at roughly the same time otherwise it could cause some questions being asked within the community, as there has been re. the Web Threat Filteriing rollout...one to watch, methinks...;)

Regards, and respect

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I got it again this morning on Boot up so it looks like it will show more than once.

Daniel
Userlevel 5
As far as I'm aware, this should only happen once per month (although this is controlled by the backend rather than the agent). It may be worth seeing if this continues to happen more often and we can investigate closer on our side.
Userlevel 2
I have not received this as of yet. 
Userlevel 7
Hi Joe / Hi Daniel

Multiple boots today and no prompt/popup...but still have the option to view from the main GUI...excellent. :D

If we can now just make the popup a little more WSA-style compliant...;), that should be that...at least ofr the time being.

Regards to you both.

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Joe / Hi Daniel

Multiple boots today and no prompt/popup...but still have the option to view from the main GUI...excellent. :D

If we can now just make the popup a little more WSA-style compliant...;), that should be that...at least ofr the time being.

Regards to you both.

Baldrick
Yes same here just in the GUI! @ I would assume it's info over time since you just got your license not to long ago?

Daniel 😉
Ok, so I got this popup multiple times the last days and it is that annoying to me that I took the time to write this post.
So is there any way to turn it off, especially as the information in the report is...meaningless for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It will go back to normal in a few days and no you can't turn it off sorry.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi lart

At the present time, as this feature is so new, there is little information about it yet.  Having said that I have nolt yet found any user accessible options available to do what you are looking for.

Man I suggest that if this is really a bone of contention for you, that you check out the Ideas Exchange (https:///t5/Ideas-and-Suggestions/idb-p/Ideas) to see if some one has suggested such a feature, and if so you can support it/comment on it, and the Development Team do review the posts there.  If no suggestion yet then may I suggest that you take a little time to start a new feature request, so that we in the Community can review and for thos ein aggrement, voice support such a new feature.

Regards

Baldrick
This is now happening everytime I boot.  How do I disable this?  One of the things I've enjoyed about Webroot is its unobtrusive nature and configurability.  The only time I want to be hearing from my antivirus software is if there's a threat. Plus, this really provides essentially no useful info.
Userlevel 7
Hi Carl-Jake

Welcome to the Community Fora! :D

At the risk of sounding terse my I point you to my previous post on the subject in my reply to Iart...infact just above post...;)

Best way to get your voice heard is to either support such an idea in the Ideas Exchange (accessible from the link at the top of every page) or if the ones that are already there are not quite what you are wanting to suggest, well then why not either comment to that effect or start your own feature request.

Either way, glad to have you aboard.;)

Regards

Baldrick
I am now seeing this message on every login as well.  If you can provide feedback to the developers, I would say that the frequency should be much more limited (maybe only show the message once per month, if they think it is useful) and also, that the prompt should disappear by itself if not interacted with by the user after so many seconds.  As it is, the prompt only goes away if you click on "Learn More" (which opens the web page with the stats) or the "X" in the upper right (which closes the window).
Userlevel 7
Hi ae1234

Welcome to the Community Forums...:):)

You are a Community member are entitled to raise a new feature request or suggest a change to an existing feature via the Ideas Exchange...as I have said in some of my posts in this thread.

However, it seems that people are reticent to do this so I will start one on everyone's behalf and then yourself and other, who want to, can comment on the feature & support it or not, as you see fit.

I hope that helps?

Regards

Baldrick
Hi Baldrick,

Thank you for the suggestion, and for your willingness to start a post in the Ideas Exchange on our behalf.  (It definitely helps!)

Also, my apologies for not reading the prior messages in the thread carefully prior to posting.

Thanks,
Anthony

Userlevel 7
Hi Anthony

You are most welcome! :D

That is what we like to do in the Community...help each other.

No need to apologise re. not reading the thread...I have also done that myself on a number of occasions 😳...it is just that with such a vibrant Community there is often so much to read/catch up on that it is easy to skim rather than read...one to remember for the future, eh?

Look forward to seeing yo around in the forums...and make sure that you head over to the Ideas Exchange to comment on/support...or not...the new feature request.  The Development Team do regularly monitor the Exchange and do consider the feedback so the more users who chip in, either way, the better in terms of feedback to the Development Team.

Have a great weekend.

Regards

Baldrick

If anyone else gets to this thread from a google search (how I found this), the new thread started by Baldrick in the Ideas Exchange forum is located here:

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Ideas-Exchange/More-control-of-Personalised-Security-Report/idi-p/90140

As he notes above, that would be the best place to discuss the personalized security report issues that were initially covered in this thread.
Userlevel 7
Nice one Anthony

I was just going to put the link up here too...but you beat me to it.  Well done!  Great minds think alike...:D

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Shows on my PC Kind of quick reference Optimizer shows viruses/threats and space freed look up go to Geek Squad if necessary. I like it, but everyday because I think my Optimizer is on for everyday. .
Userlevel 7
Hi littlevoice

You may, or may not, have found something there...although there are other users who also get the popup every day...but I have not asked them re. the circumstances...would be interesting to know that.

However, there are also users who are not seeing the popup at all...can't understand why. :S

Hence the feature request.  If you have not yet supported it and you feel that it is worth supporting then please head over to the Ideas Exchange and have your say/post your information againstg the suggestion...then we have it all in a single location so that the Development Team have just one place to look when considering the merit of the idea.

Cheers

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thank you so much for such a quick reply, I will play with it just to see what all does happen. I can't get rid of the report, so it will be nice if I figure that out. Thank you so much 
Userlevel 7
Hi littlevoice

No problem at all.  In fact I am now getting the pop up on each boot up and I have purposefully NOT read the report just to try to see how long the popups continue in my case.

If after a day they are still coming I will read it and see whether that stops it or not, again in my case.

Also I think that I forgot to give you the link for the feature suggestion so, in case you have not yet found it here it is.

Regards

Baldrick