Installed Webroot SecureAnywhere but secure browsing says my device in not compatible.

• 31 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
I installed the paid version of WSA on my Edge S7 and under secure web browsing it says:

"This feature is unavailable at this time. Your device is not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing."

Why is this? I also have SecureWeb installed so is that the reason why it isn't working properly?

Als, under Backup and Sync I get this error:

An error has occurred while logging in.

"Raw Error:
Access Denied (E339)"

Notes:
Android version 6.0.1 (T-Mobile) 

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello cmdkeen,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please look here for information https://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/Loginr.aspx?pid=10&login=1&domain=1647&usertext=+Raw%20Error:%20%20Access%20Denied%20(E339)+%20%20%20

If you still need assistance then please get back to us.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 2
Hey Ssherjj,

Thanks for your help. Backup & Sync is now working properly. 

Webroot Secure Browsing doesn't seem to work still, is there any fix to it?

"This feature is unavailable at this time. Your device is not currently compatible with Webroot Secure Browsing."

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi cmdkeen,

Would you try to uninstall SecureWeb Browser and then reinstall it from the Google Play Store. See if that works. Because SecureWeb should be compatible with all devices.

I have never had this problem with SecureWeb Browser  being reported that it doesn't work with an Android device before.

So if you continue to have this issue then you can always Submit a Support Ticket free of charge with a Webroot subscription. They will gladly check this out for you..

Hope this helps somewhat?
Userlevel 2
Hello, 

I don't see any option to uninstall SecureWeb, I am assuming it came with SecureAnywhere, so to uninstall SecureWeb would be to uninstall SecureAnywhere. 

I will submit a ticket.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi cmdkeen and welcome to the Community. SecureWeb does not come bundled with SecureAnywhere for Android. You should be able to uninstall by opening secureWeb clicking the options logo and uninstalling. OR hold down the SecureWeb app for a couple seconds and see if the uninstall option shows up.If you are unable to uninstall then do open a support ticket as Sherry suggested..
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Okay, so I think there's some confusion.  What you initially asked the question about is "Secure Web Browsing", which is a feature in our security app that provides secure web filtering on Chrome and other stock browsers that come with Android devices.  Others on this thread are referring to the standalone "SecureWeb Browser" app.  This is a standalone browser.  We are looking into better wording to differentiate between the two.

The issue you are seeing can be resolved by doing this:
  1. Write down your paid keycode.  You can do this by tapping the menu button in the upper right corner of the app's home page and select "Register".  While on that screen, it's also useful to note which email you are using for Webroot.
  2. Uninstall.
  3. Install Webroot's "Security - Free" app.  This app is free, but if you apply the keycode from your paid app, it will unlock all the additional paid features.  It will have the same functionality as the app you have now, except that it can support Secure Web Browsing on your device.
  4. When you install this app, it will try to detect the paid keycode and apply it for you.  If it doesn't find your keycode, you will be prompted to enter it.  You can tell you got the paid protection because it will say "Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier" on the top of the app.
  5. You will see "Warning: There are items that need your attention".  Tap on "Fix This Now".  If you see a warning for Secure Web Browsing, follow the prompts. Newer Android operating systems will require you to give the app extra permissions before we can turn the feature on.
I hope that helps!