Solved

Virus wssyncmlnps

Userlevel 1
Hi Guys,

My mobile webroot detected this virus but I can't remove it.

Can somebody tell me how to remove this virus?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 16 April 2014, 04:59

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Paul, let me guess.. you are using a Samsung device?

This warning is a False Positive.  Webroot is aware and a fix is in progress.

Until the fix is in, please do not worry.  Do not remove the file, and it is safe to ignore that ONE warning.

It may be a couple of days before that warning is gone, but it safe to use your phone.
Userlevel 1
Thanks very much for the info :smiley wink:
Userlevel 7
Anytime !  :-) 
I have the same issue and thank you for supplying the above info! I can now rest easy!!!
Userlevel 7
Hi njnlaucla81,

Welcome to the Community! :D
@ wrote:
I have the same issue and thank you for supplying the above info! I can now rest easy!!!
You are welcome! :D
We are glad to hear that and of course feel free to ask if you have any question.

Regards,

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
njnlaucla81, thanks for letting us know, and you are Welcome to the Community!

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you so much for the clarification! I was freaking out!! Lol I've never had a problem with Webroot and was hoping it wasn't a virus. Whew
Userlevel 1
OK = it's November 29, 2016 - and I'm getting this Webroot "protected" Samsung Galaxy warning of a Trojan - and it won't uninstall it - Did Webroot ever come up with a fix ???? - Is it a "false positive" to ignore ???? Please help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello JohnMark,

I believe this is a false positive and can be ignored. I believe this 'wssyncmlnps' is a Samsung Galaxy program.

But Please Submit a Support Ticket and the Support Team can confirm this for you.
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your quick response. I sent a request to Support and awaiting their reply. I installed Malwarebytes to see if it found anything wrong, and it didn't. When I try to get Webroot to uninstall wssyncminps, it says "Uninstall unsuccessful". Should I click 'Ignore this Item"? or wait? I loaded one new app today (AAA - Triple A Auto Club) - but don't know why all of a sudden this Alert is now an issue. I uninstalled AAA just in case - but it didn't help. This is my first virus issue on my Galaxy which I've owned a couple years. I don't know if I should be losing sleep over this. Thanks again for your interest, concern, and advice.
Userlevel 7
Hi JohnMark

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may add to what Sherry has posted...it is definitively an FP as 'wssyncmlnps.apk' is the Samsung updater service. And unless your phone is rooted (which I assume it is not) you will not be able to remove it...but you should not need to.

And if you try to stop it then that will only be temporary & while stopped none of the updates will work.

Also, for more information please see this further previous thread on this very question. My view is that given this has happened in the past there must have recently been an update to the service and that it is not yet listed in the Webroot Cloud hence the FP.

Hope that this helps?

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thanks for your help ... much appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Hi JohnMark

You are most welcome. :D

Regards, Baldrick