cyber police virus is taking control of my android tablet. i ran a scan and it said no issues.

• 3 April 2016
  • 3 replies

cyber police virus is taking control of my android tablet. i ran a scan and it said no issues. what to do now?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello pcoplen

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Can you tell me who saids you have the Cyber Police virus? Is your Tablet acting strange or locking up?

Please Submit a Support Ticket and have them check this out for you? This is a free service with a Webroot subscription.
My app has been turned off,but still runs scans and I cannot re install it won't let me.says its on but in settings it has been off and uninstalled.
Userlevel 7
Hi kencox

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are indeed infected by this crapware then your best be is to Open a Support Ticket as recommended by Sherry in her previous post. Whilst it is apparently possible for users to remove some versions of the cyber police virus (by booting in Safe Mode & then uninstalling the app that is the source of the infection) it very much depends on which variant you have present on your phone...hence the safest move is to get the professionals from the Support Team involved.

Regards, Baldrick