Solved

Are Webroot and Office 2007 outlook fully compatible?

• 13 April 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Used WR for a long time, but just started using Office 2007 outlook mail.
There are delays in the send/receive actions - sometimes there are very long delays for this command to be completed.

With WR disabled, this problem seems to 'go away'.
Your thoughts and comments would be welcomed.
icon

Best answer by Purgatory 22 April 2015, 02:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
There should be no issues as I have used Office 2007, 2010 and now on 2013 with Outlook also WSA does not scan emails so that can't be it as it scans it if you save an attachment and open it but we discourage doing that but WSA's Realtime Shield Protects you from opened Attachments.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Thanks Triple Helix for your comments, and I am glad that you have had no issues.
However, I do have this problem - and I am mindful of the fact that with WR disabled, outlook performs as it was intended. There is no doubt with WR negated, the improvement is immediate.
Really need input from many people to make a judgement.
Tempted to remove WR, and try an alternative to see what happens

Purgatory
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry you are seeing issues can you Please Submit a Support Ticket and they can check to see what is the issue and Please let us know as it could help other users.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
It would appear that TT's email servers were (again) the source of the problem. Today (Tues) there have been no problems whatsoever using Thunderbird or Outlook 2007.

TT revealed some sort of admission on Monday evening that there were 'problems'.
Thank goodness for my standby gmail setup!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good to hear as I knew it was nothing to do with WSA and Thanks for confirming!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉