Solved

Block/Allow Files

• 6 December 2016
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I had 2 programs, one that webroot removed immediately after install, and another I downloaded and removed manually, I made sure there are no existing files left or registry keys from either program.  It says in the "Block/Allow Files" section in Webroot that one is blocked (and shows a file extension that isn't there anymore) and the other is being monitored (again, showing a file extension that's not there any more), I was just wondering if it's safe to remove those from the "Block/Allow Files" section since it's gone already?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 6 December 2016, 22:46

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi skippystyles

If you are absolutely sure that the items 'blocked' no longer exist in relation to the path recorded under WSA then there should be no issue removing them.

If you remove them 'incorrectly', i.e., they are in fact still there then WSA should block them again.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I figured that would be the case, thanks for the quick and direct answer 🙂  Also, good to note webroot doesn't ignore them if the files are removed from the "Block/Allow Files" area. If they're accessed again it should go back to the same state for that individual program in the "Block/Allowed Files" (huge plus to that).
Userlevel 7
Thanks, @ :cathappy: Always much appreciated.

Please always keep in mind that you can contact our Support Team if you ever need any specific concerns/issues addressed:
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Just a reminder that we've got your back whenever you need it! 

Cheers,
Userlevel 7
Hi skippystyles

You are most welcome...glad to be of assistance.

Regards, Baldrick

PS. JP, always happy to try to assist...:D
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
I always appreciate the assitance, thanks to you both :robotvery-happy: