Solved

Can't use a VPN?

• 30 May 2018
  • 4 replies

I want to use a VPN, but I could not get NordVPN to work with SecureAnywhere. Does anyone know how to get it to work, or recommend a good VPN to use with Webroot. If I can't find anything I will have to get rid of Webroot.
icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 16 June 2018, 13:29

View original

4 replies

Hi kenntak,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Not sure what's going on. I use a VPN (Slick VPN) and didn't have any issues getting it up and running. There are other users here who use a VPN sevice as well. Not sure what your issue is, but I did already have Webroot installed before installing the VPN. If you are trying to install Webroot while using the VPN, perhaps try installing Webroot without the VPN running. If you have already tried that, or don't wish to go that route, then I suggest that you submit a support ticket and let Webroot support help you get this sorted out. 😉 Support is free with your subscription.

Please let us know how things go. It should be an easy fix.

Cheers,
Do you need to use a VPN if you have Webroot Secureweb? I was just checking into VPN's for my iphone when on work or other public wifi. What does a vpn do that Secureweb doesn't? Or vice versa? I don't want my employer or anyone else to see my web use or be able to get passwords etc. 
I went with another VPN, and it easily worked. Don't know why I had trouble with the other one.

Mikex1, I am not very familiar with the browser, and others can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't believe the browser allows you to use a different IP address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@ wrote:
Do you need to use a VPN if you have Webroot Secureweb? I was just checking into VPN's for my iphone when on work or other public wifi. What does a vpn do that Secureweb doesn't? Or vice versa? I don't want my employer or anyone else to see my web use or be able to get passwords etc. 
Yes use a good VPN with any public Wi-Fi as it's about reading the packets so don't do anything like banking or shopping while using a public Wi-Fi, SecureWeb is only good on a private secure Wi-Fi home or office: https://www.csoonline.com/article/3246984/wi-fi/why-you-should-never-ever-connect-to-public-wifi.html