Cut/Copy and paste blocked + False Positives on Backup or disk copy.

• 18 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
HI,

In the last 4 weeks I've been getting more and more false positives, which only come up when I'm running a backup (MS SynchToy) or when imaging or running a diskcopy (Macrium Reflect). Some of these are quite bizarre, like my HP Printer driver or my Audio card driver I've got to pull them out of quarantine and in some cases have to re-install them again. The files and the checksums have not changed in the last 3 years !

Also, some of my apps and games appear to be blocked for copy & paste. Even small hex editors are suddenly blocked from copy and paste functions.

Webroot throws an absolute fit when I plug my Portsable Apps usb drive in to the PC. At least 3 of Apps are Viruses and 7 of the apps are Malware according to Webroot. I've had this scanned at work with Sophos and Macafee (Enterprise editions) and its as clean as a whistle.

As I appear to spending a lot of time either clearing up after Webroot Secure Anywhere or switching it off altogether, I'm wondering if I need to renew my subscription which is due in 14 days.

Has there been any update to the program which has caused this, or is there a setting where I can "de-sensitise" Webroot ? [The PC is running Windows XP SP3 and has been modified to still get the MS updates.]
Thanks for your time.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @, I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for you.

Considering this has been a reoccurring occurrence for you, I recommend you send our Support Team a message or call them at your convenience to look into this for you. If this is the only problem that would be preventing you from renewing with us, we definitely will be sure to get this sorted out for you.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Thank you for your advice JP, I'll send in a support ticket.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Just had another spate of these so have raised ticket and sent scan log. Let's see what happens.
Userlevel 7
Always happy to help! Do let us know once they've had a chance to review your scan logs.