DMP file created in WRdata folder

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
  • Community Leader
  • 644 replies
Following my monthly patch of Windows 7, I checked the WRData folder and was surprised to see that a new file named WRSA.dmp had been created. It is 93 MB which was why I noticed something had changed as this folder is normally just around 20 MB.

On checking the Log file, I note that the timing of the dmp file creation coincides exactly with the system shutting down to allow Windows to install the updates.

This has never happened before and I was wondering why it was created this time (in this foldrer) and if I can safely delete it.

Regards

Nemo

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Nemo,

Is this what you are talking about? You usually do stay on top of this! ;)

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hi Sherry

Those are the normal Webroot db files.

I am referring to a Windows .dmp file. Maybe it got 'dumped' into the WRData file by mistake!

Nemo
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Nemo

Well I am seeing the DMP in the WRdata folder...I guess  I don't know what I am seeing?:@

Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Thanks Sherry. Have to go out for a few hours - I'll post later.

Nemo
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi Nemo

Well I am seeing the DMP in the WRdata folder...I guess  I don't know what I am seeing?:@

For some reason WRSA crashed or something else and it created the DUMP file so if you want send it to @ and he can give it the right person the same with you @   https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/d5zhxt22.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Nemo

For some reason WRSA crashed or something else and it created the DUMP file so if you want send it to @ and he can give it the right person the same with you @   https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-ca/library/d5zhxt22.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Daniel
Thanks Daniel! I am sending the files to Nic!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Let us know what they say!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes I will let you know what they say! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hi ? ?

I was about to send a message to@nic with the dmp file and then couldn't see a means of attaching the file! Am I missing something or is there another way?

Nemo
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I got your Sherry.

You can just email me at ntolstoshev@webroot.com and you'll probably need to use a file transfer service.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Hi @ @
 @I was about to send a message to @ with the dmp file and then couldn't see a means of attaching the file! Am I missing something or is there another way?

Nemo
Send a PM to Nic and ask for his email then upload to this place and put his email address in! https://www.wetransfer.com/

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Thanks guys. File has been sent.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks, got them both and sent them over to Matt who handles our betas.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great Nic! 

Hello ---

I see this is an older topic, but wondering what the outcome was? :     What are the large .dmp files which turn up occasionally in the WRdata folder?    (In my case... Typical filename:   WRSA-C-9.0.17.28-WSAINSTALL.EXE.dmp)  

I assume they are dump files generated during an install operation, but what triggered the dump, is that trigger resolved, and how important is it to retain them?

Thanks!