Solved

How do I hide the Webroot URL classification checkmarks?

• 14 February 2015
  • 4 replies

Hi, I recently purchased and installed Webroot and was annoyed to see the little checkmarks next to all my search engine results.  I understand that these can be useful in identifying unsafe websites, but to me having the green "trusted" checkmarks everywhere is just annoying and redundant.

Is there a way to hide the checkmarks altogether, or at least only show the ones that aren't green?
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 15 December 2016, 16:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi UltimateWalrus

Welcome to the Community Forums.

All you need to do is to go into the Addons/Extensions Manager for the browser(s) that you are using, find the Webroot Filtering Extension, and disable it...that should remove the checkmarks.

As they say over here; 'Simples'

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Hi UltimateWalrus,

Welcome to the Community!
@ wrote:
Is there a way to hide the checkmarks altogether, or at least only show the ones that aren't green?
You can only hide all the checkmarks - disabling the Webroot Filtering Extension in your browser(s) - just as Baldrick has mentioned before.
Of course blocking malicious sites still works and protects you as well :D

Regards,

Mike
The option to disable the Webroot Filtering Extension is greyed out. Screen shot is attached.

@ wrote:
Hi UltimateWalrus,

Welcome to the Community!
@ wrote:
You can only hide all the checkmarks - disabling the Webroot Filtering Extension in your browser(s) - just as Baldrick has mentioned before.
Of course blocking malicious sites still works and protects you as well :D

Regards,

Mike
Hi Benro,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

You can disable the checkmarks in the WSA interface by doing the following:

Open WSA and click on Advanced Settings.

Then select Firewall/Web Shield from choices on the left and then uncheck the box for "Show safety ratings when using
search engines." Be sure to click "Save."

Hope this helps,

BD