Solved

I can't get rid of MyWeb.House!

• 23 December 2016
  • 2 replies

I've tried everything and I can't get rid of MyWeb.House!!  I bought Webroot to get rid of it and it hasn't.  Webroot has supposedly worked with me, but their solution failed and I'm just hanging out there.  

Amazon is asking me for my rating of Webroot and I'm about to give a bad rating.  

My support  ticket number is #54390.

Cheryl
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 23 December 2016, 21:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi cherylny

This is what I would call a lightweight 'PUA' or Potentially Unwanted Application.

If you really have tried everything then what I would do is Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know and then get them to investigate/remove this for you.

If you have already opened a Support Ticket then please wait patiently for the Support Team to contact you...do not update the ticket as that will send it to the back of the queue.

However, if yo feel that you have not tried everything then lets us know and we can provide some suggestions as to what to try next whilst waiting for the SUpport Team.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
See here to try and clear the PUA yourself: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie-KB/How-to-Remove-Potentially-Unwanted-Applications/ta-p/40744