Is there a way I can whitlelist my yahoo.mail spam folder?

• 29 April 2016
  • 3 replies

Basically, when I check my spam folder for my email client, webroot detects it as malicious and locks it.

No matter what I click on the dangerous site warning, the folder is locked.
I can go back several times and check the folder again, with the same result.

To check my spam email folder, I currently need to disable Webroot protection.
Enter the capcha...
Check the spam folder, usually deleting everything without opening anything.
Then restart Webroot.

It would be nice to be able to whitelist the yahoo mail client, so I could look at my folders without having the malicious site warning come up.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Ualaa

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that it is not possible, at present, to whitelist or exclude a folder/files from a scan by WSA. There is an open Feature Request for the provision of this feature but at present there is no timeline in respect of this making it into the product.

If the Yahoo mail client is running on your system then you can register it under the 'Block/Allow Files' feature that WSA has, and see if that helps or resolves the issue? To do that clcik on the gear/cog sysmbol to the right of the 'PC Security' tab in the main app panel. From the next panel displayed select the 'Block/Allow files' tab, and once on that tab use the 'Add File' button to open a dialog to search for and select the appropriate Yahoo-related file (click on 'Open') to register the file with WSA, and then make sure that against the relevant entry in the process list has the 'Allow' radio button selected.

Now try accessing your Yahoo mail again using the client you have just registered. Hopefully that will help. Either way please post back with an update.

Regards, Baldrick
Unfortunately, it is a web based email.
There isn't anything on my hard drive to add.

This issue is relatively recent; it seems to come and go... for several months now.
Previously, I had the recommendation of submitting the web client page as safe.
But that didn't really seem to do anything, as the spam folder (with nothing selected) is often viewed as a malicious site.

I've been using webroot for a couple of years, and did not have this issue in the past.
Whatever the cause, it is relatively new.
Userlevel 7
Hi Ualaa

OK, well if it is a web page and you have tried clicking on the 'Unblock and proceed' option when you see the Webroot block page warning that the site is potentially malicious (this whitelist the site locally on your machine so that in future you are not blocked) but that does not help then the recommended approach is to Open a Support Ticket, to let the Support Team know so that the can investigate and hoepfully correct the issue.

Give that a try and let us know if that helps.

Regards, Baldrick