Newest Update of webroot kills chrome in MAC

• 28 November 2016
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
  • Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
Experts, looks like today update for MAC clients kills Chrome browser complaining there is no valid extension for webroot making a loop since MAC users are not allowed to install anything. Is there any way to fix that behaviour? Thank You

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi MST

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that you have an issue. Given what you are describing the best course of action will be to Open a Support Ticket ASAP to notify the Support Team. They will be best placed to investigate what yo are reporting and if founded then to organ ise for remediation to get underway.

But before you do please try to download/install the latest authorised (by Google) version of the Web Filtering Extension from HERE. If you have already tried that and it that does not work then go ahead and open the support ticket

And for good measure I will ping one of Webroots Mac Experts @

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ Please see here in case you forgot.

Wanderingbug Retired Webrooter Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel

Thanks for the heads up...I did not forget...I was unaware that Wanderingbug was 'no longer in da house' :S Must have missed that somehow. But now duly noted. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank You, I have already opened a ticket, but as for now still awaiting response. Thank You
Userlevel 7
Hi MST

You are most welcome. Just a word of advice...whilst the Support Team's response times are usually stellar they do depend on priorities in the ticket queue...so if they are taking longer than expected please be patient. Do not update your ticket until contacted as this will send it to the back of the queue.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank You for Your response. I have just noticed the "slowness" . But my in my case I have about 125 devices affected and users are teachers so .... I took some "dirty work arounds" but would like to that not happen again in the feature. Otherwise my boss might not pay the renewal. You probably know how that works 😞  My plan is move MAC laptops from UNMANAGED policy to custom made with auto updates OFF and then in the feature check each update before I will push to production. Since anyvirus database is updated from the cloud on life that would be probably best solution for any problems. My only concern at this time is I cannot move any MACs from unmanaged policy to custom made. Is there any limitation in amount of them? I have 6 total. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thank You for Your response. I have just noticed the "slowness" . But my in my case I have about 125 devices affected and users are teachers so .... I took some "dirty work arounds" but would like to that not happen again in the feature. Otherwise my boss might not pay the renewal. You probably know how that works 😞  My plan is move MAC laptops from UNMANAGED policy to custom made with auto updates OFF and then in the feature check each update before I will push to production. Since anyvirus database is updated from the cloud on life that would be probably best solution for any problems. My only concern at this time is I cannot move any MACs from unmanaged policy to custom made. Is there any limitation in amount of them? I have 6 total. 
I will see if someone can get this pushed up for you! @ @ @@ @

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 5
Badge +16
'Ello all,

I've had some scattered reports of this, but haven't had the chace to actually take a look at an affected system. Can you Private message me the email address and info and we'll set a time so that I might take a closer look?

Thanks!