Russian Brides?

• 7 March 2015
  • 3 replies

russian brides?  
Okay, so I am one of those 'old lady types" whose knowlege of all-things-technical is limited, but after running multiple deep scans I am continually getting pop-ups for Russian brides and thoses fake looking ads that keep saying that t"hey can fix my malware problems". 
   I can't even submit a service ticket because the 'contact us/open a ticket' tells me that my password is wrong or that I answered a question wrong, or bla bla bla. And inevitably, the screen locks up on me and I have to do a system shutdown.

I am so totaly frustrated.
Please will someone take pity on my wrinkley brain.
I will come to your house and do your laundry for a month if you do.

Le

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello queenofPortsmouth,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

Can you tell me what browser you are using? We can install a Popup Blocker as listed below,

For Firefox Adblock Edge: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-edge/?src=ss

For Chrome µBlock : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/%C2%B5block/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm?utm_source=ch...

For Internet Explorer Del Ad 15 day trial: http://www.delad.com/en/

So I would suggest to use one of the other Browsers as the Ad Blockers are free.

Please get back to us if you need help,

Kind Regards,

Thank you sherry. 

I use Chrome.
I just went to the link that you sent, and it scared me...

In the box that is titled 'Confirm New Extension'
     Add uBlock? confirm/cancel
It can; Read and change all of your data on the websites that you visit.

What does that mean?  That sounds drastic... is it ok? Should I add it? 

Frankly, as a non-tech person, the reason that  I purchased Webroot in the first place, was to take care of this stuff for me. Because I DON"T know how to deal with it. (I'm an old lady!)(yes that is desperation in my voice).

Did I mention that this all started a few days ago, when a Webroot email that was sent to me, informing me that I need do nothing about my protection service because my subscription to Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus will be automatically renewed and updated. Ever since that email, I have had this problem and been inundated by all sorts of pop up ads from Russian brides to a plethora of malware "emergencies". Some are easy to get rid of with one click, and some jam me up so bad that I have to shut down the computer to get back online. 
     I went to my Chrome browser and made sure that my privacy settings were set to "do not allow" (which they were) and now,
here I sit hoping that you are an angel of some sort and that this will all work out fine.
Le

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI,

Yes it's safe to accept this..adding uBlock to your Broswer.
n the box that is titled 'Confirm New Extension'
     Add uBlock? confirm/cancel
It can; Read and change all of your data on the websites that you visit

Remember you cam also issue that support ticket if this doesn't stop the popups. It's free of charge with a current license.

Kind Regards,