WR is finding malware no one else can find and then can't remove it

• 13 January 2016
  • 1 reply

I am on a new MacBook Air.  Just before my last computer crashed (also a MacBook Air) Webroot kept finding malware and then telling me it couldn't remove it whereupon the program got stuck in an endless loop of scans, finding malware, then being unable to remove it.  I never got around to dealing with the problem before the computer crashed for unrelated reasons.

Now it is doing the same thing on my new computer.  I suspected false positives and so I used two other free programs to scan my computer and no other program can find any of this malware that Webroot keeps finding.

Please keep in mind that I have whatever the opposite of tech skills would be called along with highly limited patience with same; if fixing this requires lengthy sets of technical instructions I'd rather just pay someone else to fix it or just start using some other program.

Thank you.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi and Welcome to the Webroot Community, 

I own a Mac as well and I am running Webroot. I've had Webroot in my Mac for over 2 years. Please submit a Support Ticket and they can fix your issues for you. You could have false positives but Webroot protects you from Potentially Unwanted Applications as well as known Malware. Support is free of charge with an active Webroot subscription.  You can find the link to support at the bottom of my signature or on the right hand side on the Community Forum Webroot page. I'd give the link but I'm not home right now. Please let Webroot Support take care of this for you. You won't regret it IMO.

Thanks!