Webroot Automated Cleanup problem and question

• 2 November 2015
  • 1 reply

I'm new to this software. I downloaded the trial version the other day and it seemed to be working out really well until I turned on my monitor 24 hours later while still having my computer running, and noticed that there were icons missing from my desktop as though webroot had automatically deleted something without my permission. With a little searching and digging around, I found what appears to be an Automated Cleanup Engine mentioned in my Log file, that runs and gets rid of things WITHOUT my permission!!! I have absolutely NO idea what all it's deleted, and the one file I was able to find in the program it deleted, I was able to restore back, but the problem is...I DO NOT WANT THIS AUTOMATICALLY RUNNING!! I also want to know how to get those OTHER files back that it deleted! I want to be able to say yes or no to whatever it THINKS should be deleted, not "AUTOMATICALLY CLEANING UP" my files for me. How on EARTH do I turn this feature off??? I looked everywhere and am beyond frustrated that I can't find anything for turning it off!

And no...I do NOT want to submit a form to speak with someone. I've been searching for an answer everywhere and that's all the answers I ever see given to others, is to submit a ticket and then nothing gets answered. I need an answer ASAP because I don't want more of my files to go missing due to an automated cleanup!! I'm going to have to force turn off Webroot until I get an answer and hope I get an answer soon 😞. Don't feel comfortable turning it off, but what choice do I have when I can't turn off an automated program that deletes my files without my permission? I don't have backup programs on my computer either, so whatever gets deleted, is gone as far as I know, so please...HELP!! 😞

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Sounds like you've got Optimisation Scheduling enabled, go into Advanced Settings - Scheduler - System Optimiser and make sure the box indicated on the image is unticked.