Webroot took my internet with it after I uninstalled it

Long story short, my subscription came due and I didn't want to continue the service. So I uninstalled it. I'm not sure what version of webroot this was. This was a laptop I used infrequently, and I put it on the computer around 2015, I think.

Immediately after, all internet stops working, on both Wifi and Ethernet. It is not the network, since no other devices are struggling with the network. 

What is going on? What do I need to do so my internet isn't held hostage by this service anymore?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi FuriousT

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What I would in your circumstances is to Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know whathas transpired and what you believe is behind this. They shjould then be able to investigate for you given that you are saying that you believe that the uninstallation of WRSA was the cause.

Regards, Baldrick
I am having the same issue as FuriousT and I did send in a support ticket.  I have read all over the internet about this exact issue and I am surprised there is no solution posted anywhere.  Using a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10.  My internet connection is labeled "No Internet, Secured".  I need my internet NOW as this is my work PC.

What is the solution????????????
Userlevel 7
Greetings @ and welcome to our Community!!!

By looking at your ticket history, it looks like Dan from our Support Team was able to resolve your issue earlier today by helping you uninstall and reinstall the Software. If you come across any other strange issues like this, please do let us know!

Cheers,