What other anti-virus software is most compatible with Webroot anti-virus?

• 16 September 2015
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
I enjoy the comfort of being able to run a second anti-virus program alongside Webroot. Today's internet is getting scary. Have Webroot users found which anti-virus programs in the market place today are most compatible with Webroot?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Webroot is compatible with 98% of other AV software,  I am not sure which runs the best with Webroot however Webroot is very light whereas the others are not.

EDIT: Please read this KB Article about incompatibilities.

? Would you please take a look at this  thread with  ? post.

Also let me ? and he will know what AV that isn't compatible.

But there really isn't a need for additional security when using Webroot IMO.

KInd Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi cdfler,

I have found that we do know that there are or have been issues when running it with BitDefender.

Hope this helps as well!
Userlevel 7
Badge +34
Hello cdflyer

Sherry has comprehensively answered your question and I will only add that the vast majority of Webroot users do not feel the need to run an additional realtime AV. Virtually all other realtime AV programs are far more resourse hungy than WR and will slow down yout PC if used.

That is not to say that regular users of WSA do not use addional AV strategies. Making sure that all your programs are up-to-date and correctly patched is far more useful than installing an additional realtime AV. Also being a careful user and not indiscriminately clicking on attachements etc will go a long way towards avoiding trouble.

It is true though that many of us do use additional software to assist with our comfort zone. If you do wish to have a back-up to WSA, there is a free version of a well known AV product that you can use to occasionally scan your PC. I have found this helpful because I suspect it takes a more aggressive stance towards PUA/PUPs than WSA and an occasional scan convinces me that all is indeed well. I won't mention the name here because promoting other companies AV products goes against community guidelines but if you need any more info, feel free to PM me.

Regards

Nemo
@ wrote:
I enjoy the comfort of being able to run a second anti-virus program alongside Webroot. Today's internet is getting scary. Have Webroot users found which anti-virus programs in the market place today are most compatible with Webroot?
FWIW ~ my personal experience reports Norton Security and Webroot play very well together.
Norton Security was on-board first.  I particularly prefer Webroot BrightCloud vs. Norton SafeWeb and as a bonus for me.  Sandboxie does not break Webroot extensions the way Sandboxie breaks Norton extensions.
Hoping, Webroot development continues Sandboxie compatibility. 

I find Norton takes the predominant role.  Norton will inform for all downloads.  While Webroot reserves a voice for unsafe downloads if Norton Auto-Protect is disabled. 
So, by my experience there's no two real time conflicts. 
Webroot seems to respect Norton space and Norton in turn has not voiced an objection to Webroot.
And by disabling Norton Toolbar.  Webroot extensions take center stage. 
As always your mileage may vary.
Regards

Userlevel 6
I will add where ? left off to help direct you in your quest. If you are wanting to add additional securities to your system "with out naming products" , i could add you will want to look for "On_Demand" scanners, these will lack full time scanning and are only used when you open and run them, they are commonly known as "second opinion" scanners. There are also anti-exploit applications, and anti-executable softwares that can complement an AV as well. Not to mention browser plugins/extensions that can help further secure a system depending on what browser you are utilizing. Hope this helps direct your question to some answers.