blue screen

• 20 March 2015
  • 2 replies

Hello, I am wondering why I am still getting a "blue screen" since I have begun using webroot? It was popping up quite a bit before installing webroot, however; it popped up today and this is the first time in a long while I have noticed it. Any help would be appreciated!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello karla1957,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

The cause could be any of a alot of things, including your OS, corrupted registry, broken video drivers, defective RAM, a failing hard drive, a virus, overheating CPU, even a failing power supply.

Have you looked at Microsoft for assistance with this Blue Screen? For Windows 8.1 go HERE and W/7 HERE

This is also a good site for information. http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-the-Blue-Screen-of-Death-on-Windows

You can also  Submit a Support Ticket for they can gather logs and they can grab the Mini-Dump and that will tell what caused the crash.

Hope this was helpful and do let us know if this gets resolved or not. Thanks!

Best Regards,

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Hello,and welcome,
I would firstly open a support ticket as Sherry has said.It sounds to me like there may be remnants of a previous security application that may not play nicely with Webroot...Bitdefender,Mcafee are a few that come to mind.Support will help you get this squared away quickly.You are definitely in good hands with them.