Did You Know?

Community Guide
MaXimus
Accepted Solution

does my WSA AV license work for Mac As well?

Is it true that my current WSA AV license works on both PC and Mac? thus I don't have to buy another license if I were to purchase a Mac Book?

That's awesome if it's true no other AV does this

I assume the license cannot be used on the PC and Mac at the same time right? one at a time only?

Community Guide

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970
Kudos: 1,651
Solutions: 193

Re: does my WSA AV license work for Mac As well?

You are correct on all counts! :smileyhappy:

It should indeed work on your Mac, but no, not at the same time as your PC.

To move it from the PC to the Mac, simply uninstall it while connected to the internet. I would suggest you also log into the Account Console to verify that the PC correctly deactivated upon uninstall.

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
Community Guide
CommanderShran

What if he has a 3 seat license? Would it still be only able to be on one at a time?

Thanks,
Shran :smileyhappy:

Community Guide

Installation one: Windows 8.1 Pro. Installations two and three: Windows 7 Ultimate. Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete beta tester.

Please use plain text.
DavidP1970
Kudos: 1,651
Solutions: 193

I am sorry, I am used to the AV being a single seat license. If it is a 3 seat, it can be installed on any 3 compatible devices at one time, and that can be any mix of PC and/or Mac devices :smileyhappy:

Good question Commander! I should have been more clear!

New to the Community? Register now and start posting!

Helpful Webroot Links:

Download (PC)   Download (Best Buy Subscription)   Submit Trouble Ticket   Account Console   User Guides   

"If you don't learn something new every day, you need to pay more attention. I often get my daily learning here so grab a chair and stay a while!"
WSA-Complete (Beta Tester), Toshiba Satellite L305, Intel Pentium Dual CPU at 1.87 GHz, 3 GB RAM With Windows 7 (x86) (Yes its old.. but it still usually works! : )
Please use plain text.
Community Guide
CommanderShran

Not a problem at all, David :smileyhappy:

Community Guide

Installation one: Windows 8.1 Pro. Installations two and three: Windows 7 Ultimate. Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete beta tester.

Please use plain text.