issue with my Win7 computer connecting to the internet. Some services working browsers intermittent

• 24 May 2015
  • 1 reply

Hi, 

So my issue is recently i have had issues with connection. Mostly after a reboot or update. i can connect to the internet and services like windows update work and even skype will get an initial connection. when i open my browser even Gmail will load. other sites give a dns error and services like utorrent will work ocasionally. 

The tricky part is that when i run a scan with webroot of my primary drive all of a sudden everything works again (most of the time) . I've tried re-installing and/or upgrading windows as well as trying to turn reset windows settings using tweaking dotcom's windows repair tool. 

it just seems random most of the time what works and what doesnt but the "all of a sudden" working when i start a scan makes me thing its some sort of virus or malware.

Any thoughts?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi easytechguy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Well, that is a humdinger of an issues.  Have not come across that before but have to say that unless WSA is repeatedly finding and quarantining something malicious I suspect that the connection with WSA is just a coincidence.  That is of course, unless  it iis WSA itself that is the cause.

Have you tried running your system, i.e., multiple reboots without WSA installed?  That may be a way to 'actively' either paint WSA in or out of the equation?

Other than that I am afraid I can for the moment offer no other approach or suggestion as to how to proceed but will give it some thought and post back if and when something occurs to me on the subject.

Regards, Baldrick