why do I keep getting messages saying "do you want this app to make changes to your PC?"

• 20 December 2015
  • 5 replies

why do I keep getting messages saying "do you want this app (webroot) to make changes to your PC?"

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Clark5

Welcome to the Community Forums.

This is a known issue that is being worked on by Support. One of our other member ? has very kindly posted some information from Webroot Support  in relation to how to deal with the issue in the meantime. You can find this information HERE. Please read the whole thread so as to be sure that it does apply to what you are reporting, but I think that it does. ;)

Hopefully that will assist you in resolving the issue. If it does may I ask that you feedback on your experiences should you decide to give it a try.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick

By George I think it worked! Thx!
Userlevel 7
Hi Clark5

That is great news. Given that the information came from Webroot Support I was sort of expecting to but it is always best to get anecdotal evidence, such as yours. Many thanks fro taking the time to post back on this. Much appreciated.

Regards, Baldrick
I have even renamed the WRData file to WRData1 as suggested earlier. But still getting messages every time I start my PC.
Userlevel 7
Hi Clark5

Apologies for moving your latest post but thought it best to keep all of the information together. Hope that is OK with you? :D

In fact I am not surprised about your post as ? has just posted back elsewhere that eventually it turned out that what the Support Team had recommedned had not worked for him and so he is in communication with them again about it (you can follow or add to that thread HERE).

What I would do now is to Open a Support Ticket to let the Support Team know that yo also have the issue and so hopefully they can keep you up to date with what they are doing to resolve the issue.

Would appreicate it that if you do open the ticket you take time to post back here or atthe other thread as to what is suggested/what works or does not work, etc.?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards,Baldrick